Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Support Hub Suggestions
Sightseer

Re: Changing your default Nickname

Same issue here. Not impressed - what a joke GoPro's "testing" of their software is :-(

Sightseer

Hi. I had a typo in my nickname, and now I can't change it. Why do you only allow one "change" from a randomly assigned nickname? This is crazy.
Hiker

Testing to see if my name changed. I set my name a long time ago but it was showing a crazy user name before.
Tourist

Lucky me I'm no longer sweethero003!! :))
Guys choose your name wisely and my suggestion is: type it first on notepad, then copy and paste in the GoPro page. You're not required to save, just type it. So if you wrong something, you're done with a wrong name which is even worse as a name.

Sightseer

As asked by previous users, why do you only allow one "change" from a randomly assigned nickname?

GoPro Community Manager

Update that we have passed along the suggestion that members be able to change their nickname more than once. I don't have any more details on if or when that option will be available, but we'll post updates as we get them.

Thanks,

Jeff

Sightseer

So not even technical support can fix a typo in my nickname and i cant delete my account and remake it?!? Thats kinda BS i gotta say
Sightseer

I typed in a new nickname and then this "ACCOUNT_SERVERRESPONSE_5007_NICKNAME" pops up underneath and it's not saving the nickname....what does this mean??