Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Support Hub Suggestions
Highlighted
Explorer

Award Challenges

I know that there is information posted on the Awards page https://gopro.com/awards but yesterday I noticed on Instagram that there was a #GoProChallenge that I don't see on the Awards page. This got me thinking that there is probably a lot of activity on the GoPro Facebook and Instagram sites that doesn't get advertised on GoPro.com.  Granted, the push is to have members engaging on these social sites, and I understand that the amount of traffic to the support site is relatively low; however, perhaps there is a way to advertise these events/challenges on the Support site that will help drive more traffic to Instagram and Facebook. 

I've also noticed that there are certain keywords and hashtags that are needed.  Quik Story videos GoPro wants tagged with #QuikStory ... or is it #QuikStories, or both?  To participate in the challenges it should be #GoProChallenge ?  Should Facebook and Instagram post have   @GoPro in the message body?  Any tips on tags for YouTube videos?  Are there other tags or keywords members should be using?

Obviously the way in which members post to social sites is important beyond just member recognition. Quarterly reports often tout the activity of GoPro members on these sites and I can only assume that it is through proper tagging that they are able to do this.  I'm sure that it is equally important for the marketing department.

Perhaps we could put together a "How To Show Your Stuff and Get Noticed" write up or tutorial on the support site.  Equally, perhaps there could be a way to help members get engaged on these sites.  I know Showcase never took off, but I also feel that it may have been hampered by it's low visibility.  Granted, there isn't much room, but a highly visible link to a place where people can be introduced to the thriving social media sites, learn how to get noticed and appropriately tag their work, and perhaps even get suggestions on how to create media for these sites (format for Instagram/facebook, best camera settings, cool filters, etc) might be very beneficial to GoPro.

Explorer

Re: Award Challenges

Just a follow up. I did some looking around and I found this in
Identifying Your Content Made with a GoPro Camera https://gopro.com/legal/trademarks

"The content you create is inspiring and we want to make sure that the world can distinguish between content you have created and original content produced by GoPro. The best way to let us and the world know that your content is “Shot with my GoPro camera” is to use our software tools on Desktop (GoPro Studio and GoPro for Desktop) and Mobile (GoPro App, Quik, and Splice). When sharing any content, either motion or stills, created with your GoPro camera, tag #GoPro in the description and/or title of the content as well."

While it mentions the #GoPro tag, I'm pretty sure there are others that are used as well.

Also, since GoPro Studio is no longer supported, is there a way to get stock GoPro logo video intros for the different products? I liked having the intro we used to get with the model of camera used when using templates in GoPro Studio. It would be great to have some of these as stand alone for each of the cameras and Karma. If not the short video intro, full res photos would be cool with the GoPro logo, camera, gear etc. Finally, while on this topic, do you happen to know what font is used for Karma and also the GoPro name? I assume they are custom, but if not, do you happen to know the font names and possibly where they can be downloaded?

Explorer

I wrote the wrong challenge above, it was #HeroChallenge ;)
GoPro

Hello @danielr15

Very good points you have here. Thank you for sharing. I have listed down your queries and will be writing back as soon as I have confirmed the answers. So far, I was able to search regarding the logo. I got information from https://fontmeme.com/gopro-logo-font/ that came first when I Google-searched. It says: "The company logo was probably designed based on the font Neuropol, with slight modifications on the letter “G”. For the tagline “Be a HERO”, it is set in Eurotile Bold (Be a) and Verdana Bold Italic (HERO)." 

Will keep you posted. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Explorer

Thank you
Explorer

Just to add to the request for a page/link that shows current GoPro challenges and proper hashtag, I just saw this post on reedit/r/gopro

Vinchenzo_z
1 point
·
16 hours ago
There was a push notification from the GoPro app with an announcement for a Memorial Day photo contest with a hashtag. Does anyone know what that hashtag was?

Save
Give gold

judosurfer
Hero5 Black
1 point
·
just now
The one I saw over the weekend was #HeroChallenge

https://www.reddit.com/r/gopro/comments/8mjjln/rgopro_weekly_questions_thread_ask_your_questions/dzt...

BTW, I'm JudoSurfer :)
GoPro

This noted, @danielr15. I just got one new answer. It is #QuikStories, not #QuikStory.  I will keep you posted about the rest as soon as I hear back from the team. 

Explorer

Ahh, very good to know! Thank you. 😊 Maybe once we get all of the info we can make a post or link with all relevant info 😁