Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Sightseer

videos wont upload to cloud

[ New ]

Im using a hero 7 Black, latest software.  I set up auto upload and selected my current router.  The battery is fuly charged and camera is plugged in.  I have go pro plus and am using a macbook pro with chrome.  None of my videos will upload to my cloud.  whats the issue?

Sightseer

Re: videos wont upload to cloud

[ New ]
Did you get an answer on this?? I'm having the same issue and kinda wondering what I'm paying for atm.
Hiker

[ New ]

How come no one from go pro ever answers the questions ?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @rhodrig4,

If you're having the same problem try to check you upload settings first.

Or check your device configuration. 

If you're using a computer make sure your computer does not sleep or does not hibernate. 

The upload process should be uninterrupted. 

If you want check if its working try to do it manually first. 

Upload small files using web browser. 

You can access GoPro PLUS on your web browser by visiting this website: http://plus.gopro.com/

If you're able to upload the file 

Check if larger file will upload as well. 

It would be best to upload them in small batch. 

But if you'll do it automatically just make sure that the upload process will be uninterrupted and you must have a stable connection. 

Regards,

-jay

Hiker

[ New ]
Thanks jay. It’s the videos that I create in the app that I can’t save to the cloud - any ideas.
The footage from the camera itself uploads to the cloud ok, but if I create a vid in the app, putting the footage from the camera that day together , I can’t upload that to the cloud???
GoPro

[ New ]

@rhodrig4, were you uploading the videos directly through the GoPro App? If so, make sure that Mobile Upload is enabled in the app (Settings > GoPro Plus > Mobile Upload). Upload time is dependent on multiple factors, namely your network speed and the file size of your content. If you are using a wireless network, ensure that your computer has a stable Wi-Fi connection.

• Note: To begin a mobile upload, your device needs at least 120 percent of the total file size of your upload available in storage. For example, if the content contains 1GB of data, your device needs 1.2GB of available storage to start uploading.
Hiker

[ New ]
Yes all of that and it still doesn’t work - still doesn’t upload video montages made in the app - can’t see what the point of go pro plus is?? Just seems pointless as it clearly doesn’t work - so many people keep asking the same question and the same stock answer keeps getting posted which doesn’t fix the problem
GoPro

[ New ]

@rhodrig4, as you've mentioned, Auto Upload directly from your GoPro camera works fine, thus, there could just be something along with the mobile process and the app that's preventing the upload.

Mobile Upload runs automatically in the background, and the process will pause and resume as your connection availability varies, until all files are safely uploaded. Do you see media files in the App tab that's still pending for upload? As far as I know, this upload will take priority over Stories. When you’re in range, the thumbnails on the Media tab will start displaying icons, showing the status of your upload.  

• CLOCK - Item is queued for upload 
  • CLOUD+UP - Item uploading 
  • CLOUD+CHECK - Upload completed 
  • EXCLAMATION - There was an error uploading

Additionally, please ensure to have the latest version of the GoPro App installed in your mobile device.