Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
GoPro

Re: receiving message "The media you're uploading already exists in your media library"

[ New ]

Thank you for the update, @sethy68, and for sharing what works better for you. Are you now seeing all the media that supposed to be in your PLUS media library? 

GoPro

Re: receiving message "The media you're uploading already exists in your media library"

[ New ]

@wallacedavidg. There could be settings on your Mac that does not recognize the GoPro connection or the GoPro files. See if this user-shared solution will help. 

Hiker

[ New ]

TWIMC:

Asking a basic user like myself to find a file named "PlugIns" and to change the spelling to "Plugins" is not the level of service I would expect.

I'm sorry, but to ask your GoPro owners to fix a typo in your software is asking a bit too much. I'm not sure which folder to look for to find the file that is misnamed. Have you or the GoPro developers fixed this issue? I'm just not comfortable writing code for you.

This is a very poor solution to provide to the community. When will GoPro address this issue with an update?

Hiker

[ New ]

TWIMC:

No, the video files are still not visible.

I read your suggestion to rename a file that will allow my MacBook Pro to see the SD card on the desktop. I am just not comfortable trying to locate a misnamed file in your code. When will GoPro address this issue with an update? 

Hiker

[ New ]

I am still not able to see the video files. I pasted the URL into the browser and it took me to the same place. Still no files visible.

GoPro

[ New ]

@wallacedavidg. We'd like to take a closer look at the files that you are trying to upload to your PLUS cloud. To proceed, please connect with our Support team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . You may reach them by chat or callback request. 

Hiker

[ New ]

This is very frustrating. the GoPro Plus is so erratic as to be useless. Last week it was "the media you're uploading already exists." but in reality it is nowhere to be found. This week I can't even get the Hero 8 Black to show the screen (uplading to the cloud).

Lastly, again, why coes't my GoPro Hero 8 show up on the descktop when it is plugged in to a USB 'C' cable? My other GoPro cameras alll do it. Please dont ask me to find a folder burried somewhere and change the spelling from PlugIns to Plugins (lower case 'i'). I am not a programmer and don't work for GoPro. I'd expect the premium action camera on the market to come with a level of support that does not require the customer to write code.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

David

GoPro

[ New ]

@wallacedavidg, really sorry to hear you're having these issues. Though the process should automatically start when your phone is within Wi-Fi range, try the following accordingly to force restart the upload process: 

1. Make sure that you're connected to the Wi-Fi network. 
  2. Disable Mobile Upload and Celular Upload (if enabled) in the app. Settings > GoPro Plus > Mobile Upload 
  3. Completely force close out of the app.
  4. Re-open the GoPro App. 
  5. Enable Mobile Upload. 

The items in the App tab will start to queue up for cloud upload. Successful uploads will briefly display a checkmark. If an item fails to upload, it will be marked with an error icon, and we’ll try the upload again when your device is in range. 

As for connecting your HERO8 Black camera to your computer, run any available OS updates, and make sure to have the latest update for your Graphics Card/s drivers installed. Use the GoPro USB-C cable that came with the camera. There are some troubleshooting steps here that will help: Camera is not Recognized when Plugged into a Computer USB Port