Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Tourist

gopro plus annual subscription has been taken in full from my bank event though i have monthly sub

[ New ]

Hi all, 

I tried to goin the Gopro plus subscription servine a mounth ago and was asked to add a debit card, i did this however i wans't sure i was accetped as i never received the account verificatiion email to activate the account.

I then noticed i could activate the monthly subscription using itunes, so i chose this route.

I have just received my bank statement and i can see gopro has takes the payment if full in addition to the itunes payment.

I'd like to receive a refund for the full paynemt and keep the monthly, i've tried to contact gopro however the shat/callback service is terrible.

can anyone offer some help/advice on refunds or an alternative way to contact gopro?

regards

Gary 

GoPro

Re: gopro plus annual subscription has been taken in full from my bank event though i have monthl...

[ New ]

Hello @floridagary. Please contact our Support Team so we can assist you further. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

Tourist

Re: gopro plus annual subscription has been taken in full from my bank event though i have monthl...

[ New ]

Hi all,

So it turnes out the email address i subcribed with is incorrect and wait for it, here's the kicker "their is nothing Gopro can do to help i'm affraid, as you have entered an incorrect email address i'm unable to change it or verify it for you" said the customer support agent, who at least call back. "i can cancel the account for you if that helps, however you have lost the £49.99 as no refunds can be offered".

I don't want a refund, just need the email address corrected/amended i said....turns out, something this simple can't de done.

What a joke, a company as technically advanced as Gopro, unable to correct/amend/switch a simple incorrect email address for a customer or at the very least verify the account at there end for them, so they can get started, what support technology are they using for goodness sake.

I really can't beleive they are legaly able to proceed with taking payments from customers who have not fully verfied their accounts in the first place, surely this must raise a red flag at Gopro, obviosly not, i could have stoloen a card and opened a bogus account, i'm simple baffled and after a guenuine email miskekes to be told "sorry nothing we can do i'm affraid", i'm in shock, i really am.

Let's see if i do get the promised reply in 48hrs shall we.