Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Hiker

Your order could not be submitted. Please try a different payment method.

[ New ]

I bought the GoPro 9 + subscription  successfully on gopro.com

However, when I am going to buy accessories with the same billing info and credit card, the page keeps on showing the payment error

"Your order could not be submitted. Please try a different payment method."

It looks like a bug existing for so many years, I don't know why GoPro does not fix the bug. 

Anyone can help?

paymenterror.JPG

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Your order could not be submitted. Please try a different payment method.

[ New ]

Hi @livelytree22747

If by any chance you are using a new email address, see to it that it is the same email address that is associated with your bank account.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Hiker

[ New ]
I almost tried all possible solutions I found here
e.g. different browsers, shipping address, credit cards, incognito mode...
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @livelytree22747

If by any chance you are using a new email address, see to it that it is the same email address that is associated with your bank account.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi EJ,

thank you for your reply,

I did try many possible ways but still could not success to finish the payment.

Also I did some experiments and hope it helps your IT team to fix your bug:
Browser: Edge (InPrivate mode)
Payment method: Paypal
Shipping info:
Case 1:  Without GoPro Subscriber Login + another name + any address + another email = NO Error (but no discounted price)
Case 2:  Without GoPro Subscriber Login + another name + any address + GoPro Subscriber email =  Payment Error + Block IP 30mins
Case 3:  Without GoPro Subscriber Login + my name + any address + another email =  Payment Error + Block IP 30mins    
Case 4:  With GoPro Subscriber Login +  any name + any address + any email = Payment Error + Block IP 30mins

PS: "Block IP 30mins" means in the next 30 mins, all payment request from your device will only return Payment Error, no matter what payment info you input
Hiker

[ New ]

I have no idea why I finally succeeded to finish the payment, just to retry many times every day.

This transaction is nothing less than a miracle.

Tourist

[ New ]

I am actually having the same issue! Is there a way to reach out to the support so they can help us process the payment manually?

Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 8.20.19 AM.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]

@eternali, sorry, we can't manually process payments for new orders.

There are a few things that you can check. Make sure that your shipping address is complete and correct all the way down to the zip code. PO boxes do not work. If you haven't yet, try again after clearing cache and cookies or using a different browser. You may also explore ordering using an incognito browser.

If the order will still not go through, please contact our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs. 

Hiker

[ New ]
Which paypment method did you use?
Tourist

[ New ]

I have tried both a Credit Card and Paypal, and both ended up with no the same result! This is really frustrating :/

Hiker

[ New ]
Indeed frustrating! The whole software (no up2date desktop apps), website UI, the checkout process, - even this forum UI - is very poor quality with a lot of bugs, false information, bad translation etc.
Hiker

[ New ]

My last successful payment was paid by Paypal, so I suppose Paypal will have higer rate of success.

PS: I have tried more than 100 times Smiley Sad...

Tourist

[ New ]
I am having exactly the same issue. Tried 4 different credit cards from different banks, also tried PayPal, changed browsers and devices. How can I solve this? Customer support couldn't help!!
Screenshot_20210530-104420_Chrome.jpg
Sightseer

[ New ]

I have a feeling that there may be a limit on the number of GoPros you can purchase within a certain time period.

In my last order, I tried purchasing three, and encountered this error. When I reduced it to one, the order went through.

There were 10 days between my first and second successful order (on both occasions I was not allowed to purchase a second unit).

I've just tried again, it's been six days and the order was rejected, so perhaps it's 1 per week.

Tourist

[ New ]
Finally I managed to solve this issue. I found out that GoPro website cannot recognize my US shipping address and couldn't verify it. I made a minor change to the address (entered an old address of me in the same town with the same Zip Code) and tried paying using PayPal and the issue was solved.

I still do not understand why in my case the error message keeps asking me to try another payment method while the issue is mainly related to the shipping address. This same address is recognized and verified by many other websites except GoPro.

I reached out to GoPro customer service and explained to them the solution that I reached but it was very obvious that they are still unable to understand where the glitch exactly was. Instead of fixing their issue they kept asking me to ship the order to any other address of Family of Friends!!
Hiker

[ New ]
Thanks for shaing this solution! I hope that will help others facing the same problem.

"I reached out to GoPro customer service and explained to them the solution that I reached but it was very obvious that they are still unable to understand where the glitch exactly was. Instead of fixing their issue they kept asking me to ship the order to any other address of Family of Friends!!"

That says it all ...

Tourist

[ New ]

I want to bring my frustration to this thread - I spent >4 hours trying to checkout a HERO 9 bundle. Tried everything I found on the Support hub. Even tried JavaScript / Browser debugging to give me a glue of the issue.

At the end I talked to US support for 45 minutes - but always coming back to: I have to talk to my bank :-) I explained several times that there is no issue with my cards and also paypal is not working - even not forwarding me. T

Tried differneet Browser, Devices (Win10/11/iOS), tried different IPs including VPN IPs originating from Canada/US, different shipment addresses .... - No luck always giving me the error we are all seeing.

The support and the supervisor always told me - because I do not get other errors it must be something with the payment method. Even after I mentioned that this is maybe the developer did not a good job handling what is failing in the backend - they sticked to the issue on my side on to my "bank". 

I also pointed out that even for AMEX, if there is a fraud issue, you can do a 2-factor verifycation - but for this I need to see the AMEX popup.

So at the end I was told I should buy at a vendor and not use GoPro.com - lol?

I am between hating GoPro for stealing me >4 hrs  of my life - but at the end I really wan't to make my daughter a gift for her birthday and safe some money by picking this Hero9 Bundle (almost 150$!)

In parallel I am trying to reach to some contacts from GoPro over linkedin to point them to this issue - but so far without any luck.

Anyone else (in Germany) has an idea what can be done to actually buy a GoPro? :D

Regards,

Christian

Tourist

[ New ]
I had the same issue and it was solved only after changing the shipping address. The error message asks me to try another payment method but the issue turned out to be the address which is not recognized by GoPro system!!
Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you for your answer - I tried several addresses - Picking from the suggestion list, doing free form... 

The fun fact is: When I just put the Lens Mod in my shopping card - I can checkout. As soon as I add the bundle or exceed a certain threshold I am not able to finish the process.

Even a friend of mine tried a total different address as a guest buyer and could not finsih process. 

I think I have to be patient what the escalation will bring me to - but this whole thing is so insane... in my 40 yrs never experienced something similar - And I am really a hardcore shopper :D

Sightseer

[ New ]

I got the same error on my computer but the order went through from my phone. 

Sightseer

[ New ]

Oh my God, thank you so much. I had tried everything, I message chatted text support. They had me trying different email addresses, different credit cards and logging in from different devices. They wanted me to clear browsing data. Then they gave up. I was googling to find if maybe there is a problem with different shipping and billing addresses, so I searched, "gopro shipping billing" and this was the 3rd unsponsored result down, "Solved: Your order could not be submitted. Please try a di..."

So I clicked and read. Wow, not only did you figure it out when gopro customer service couldn't even solve the problem, but you posted it here to help other poor unfortunate souls. I had been messing with this website all day. I was literally about to give up for now. Just one last search, and blammo. There it was, my solution. I don't know if you'll ever read this, but thank you.

Untitled.png