Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Hiker

Wrong dates for files in GoPro plus

[ New ]

See my screenshot below. I have same file under different dates in the app on my iphone and gopro plus. The date is corect on the phone, but not in the app. Also there are files below filmed on the same day that are put under 24th of May on the phone  - waaay back, for no reason. Of course it doesn't exist there in Plus. Also it's marked as uploaded to cloud, but it isn't. I think this messes up auto-upload heavily and causes multiple issues of "duplicated media cannot be uploaded". Please fix .ASAP. 

WrongDates.jpeg

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Wrong dates for files in GoPro plus

[ New ]

@lemonata  the camera does not have syncing to external NTP servers. So, the two ways today are on the camera itself and when the camera connects to the app. I do understand there being some frustration with the date/time especially if you are trying to organize it. Hopefully the change that we will put in the web to allow you to set the time in addition to the date will help for media that has the incorrect timestamp. Do note that change is only in the metadata that we store in the cloud and not in the actual source itself.

Thanks

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Can you send me the link from the web media library ? It will look like this:

https://plus.gopro.com/media-library/aRllD9dkLada

Thanks

Hiker

[ New ]

have no problem with sharing my suncet timelapse publicly. So here it is: https://gopro.com/v/MJMJwDaD8Jr3a

Tourist

[ New ]
I have the same problem too. Annoying problem. Every same daily videos will list one or two to another date.
Tourist

[ New ]

I am experiencing the same problem. This was on media where I had to edit the dates (because the camera, despite being connected to EVERYTHING still requires the date to be set manually).

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @grandsummi5153 and @lemonata. Which camera models are you using? Before recording, have you been able to check if the camera's date and time settings were correct?

How did you upload your media to the Cloud? Which of these methods did you use? Are you having issues particularly with an incorrect date or time on the media that were uploaded to the Cloud, or with some media not being found on the Cloud. These details will help us get a better understanding of what is going on. We'd love to hear back from you. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

@mariustanya I have a brand new GoPro Hero 8 Black. The date was not set in the camera. I guess that was my fault. I just assumed since the camera was connected to the internet (NTP) and GPS, it would have figured out the time and date on it's own. Espcially since GPS works by comparing the time on the receiver to the time broadcast from the satellite.

All videos were uploaded automatically by the camera once I got it on my home Wifi network. This is one of the reasons I bought the Hero 8 and paid for GoPro Plus. But the other problem I experienced was that after the videos were uploaded to GoProPlus,, I edited the time and date. After I edited the time and date, GoPro Plus displayed the videos organized under the wrong date. This was the problem other people mentioned.

GoPro

[ New ]

@lemonata I had posted an explanation on one of the other threads. The issue arises from setting only the date on the media and not the time. The time is set to the current time. So, depending on your timezone and when you are looking at the app/cloud, you might see different results. We are looking at adding the time as well to the UI so the view does not shift. I'll get it prioritized and post back when we have it ready.

Thanks