Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Highlighted
Hiker

Workflow and Uploads need to change

Unless I'm missing something, the workflow of creating clips in the mobile app and auto uploads needs to change because it's pretty twisted, meaning it's not sustainable. Let me illustrate.

• I go out and do some shooting
  • I come back home and upload to my mobile device. This goes smoothly and quick. Perfect so far. Now I'm ready to create a Story or clips.
  • I create a Story, or clip(s). I now want to upload those immediately to my Plus account so I can do further editing on them.
  • The problem is, with auto upload turned on, it may be an hour before that can happen because it's busy updating all the raw source footage.

We need the ability to manually click on a clip/story/source file and tell it to upload rather than the app randomly choosing what gets uploaded and when. This would make a huge difference for me and I suspect others. With this in place, I can get my clips all done and then uploaded in a timely fashion and THEN let it take hours to upload the much longer source files.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Workflow and Uploads need to change

@insanediego, the Mobile Upload runs automatically in the background and the process will pause and resume as your connection availability varies, until all files are safely uploaded. There's currently no way to override the hierarchy of the upload process. Anyhow, we appreciate the insight as it can help us build a better experience with our products and applications. We'll relay this information to the team in charge. Let us know if anything else comes up. Stay stoked & have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Workflow and Uploads need to change

@aenriquez wrote:

@insanediego, the Mobile Upload runs automatically in the background and the process will pause and resume as your connection availability varies, until all files are safely uploaded. There's currently no way to override the hierarchy of the upload process. 

Yep, that's exactly my point @aenriquez. We all know the file sizes are large and that the upload process is slow. The user has no control. If all I want is a single edited clip, I may have to wait hours while everything before it uploads. My only recourse at this time is to:

• Turn off auto uploads
  • Upload the source videos, render my edited clip
  • Delete the source videos (so I don't have to wait while they don't get uploaded)
  • Turn on auto upload
  • Wait for the edited clip to be uploaded
  • Reupload the source videos to my mobile device
  • Wait for the source videos to upload

I'd much more like one extra option in Settings. Manually select files to upload. Now I'm in control and decide what I do and don't want to be uploaded and more importantly, WHEN.

Thanks for listening. I hope this can be implemented sooner than later. I would find it hard to believe I'm the only one with this desire.