Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Highlighted
Tourist

Wifi download to cloud or laptop

Is there any way to download from a Hero7 black to a laptop or the cloud via WiFi when it's connected to the mains (and has no battery in)?  I can't believe there's no way to do this!

I am doing a long timelapse (several weeks) via a series of individual photos controlled via a BlinkX.  I have the GoPro firmly mounted on a tripod that I don't want to disturb.  It is connected to the mains, but has no battery in it (as recommended by BlinkX) and I would like to download the images somehow via WiFi - either to a laptop or the cloud.

- - GoPro Plus Autoupload doesn't work as you need to have a battery installed and at full capacity for it to work (which is frustrating when the GoPro is connected to the mains)

- Connecting to the GoPro using http://10.5.5.9:8080 doesn't seem to work with the Hero 7

- Quik doesn't work as you need a cable (or to remove the card), neither of which is possible

- I can't download to my phone with the GoPro App as the files are enormous vs the capacity of my phone

So I have a GoPro 7 I can connect to fine via WiFi, but seemingly no way to download files off the SD card - which is crazy!

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Wifi download to cloud or laptop

Hi @bravebluff12644

Currently, these are the ways you can upload files to the cloud.

Importing files to a computer can only be done via cable connection or by using an SD card adapter. 

Wireless transfer to your laptop/NAS is currently not an option.

But we'll have this sent as a feedback.

Please continue checking our website for updates.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Wifi download to cloud or laptop

Wish it was possible to download over wifi for Hero 7 Black