Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Tourist

Wie kann ich meine Videos nach dem Upload in die Cloud auf der Festplatte loeschen?

[ New ]

Nachdem ich meine Videos in die Cloud geladen hatte, wollte ich auf meiner Festplatte (MacOS Big Sur) Platz für weitere Videos schaffen. Über den Finder löschte ich einige Ordner mit Videos in der Gewissheit, dass die Videos sicher in der Cloud verwahrt sind. Irrtum. Die gelöschten Videos waren auch in der Cloud verschwunden und nicht mehr abrufbar. Mache ich da irgendetwas falsch? Wenn nein, was nützt mir dann die Cloud, wenn ich meine Daten eh auf einer Festplatte sichern muss?

GoPro

Re: Wie kann ich meine Videos nach dem Upload in die Cloud auf der Festplatte loeschen?

[ New ]

Hi @macsteven

Deleting the files on the hard drive should not affect the files already saved on the cloud.

Were you using Quik for desktop when the files were deleted?

Can you please try signing in via gopro.com/login

Check if the files are there.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

Re: Wie kann ich meine Videos nach dem Upload in die Cloud auf der Festplatte loeschen?

[ New ]

Hi @aragon1006 ,

yes, I downloaded my videos from my GoPro to my hard drive and uploaded in the cloud using Quik for Desktop. To free up space on my iBook hard drive, I deleted some folders with videos using the Finder. Via Quik for Desktop you can see the deleted videos with a dark background (see screenshot).They were then completely deleted from the cloud. The videos cannot be found via gopro.com/login either. What now? What mistake am I making?

Thank you.
Steven

Ohne Titel.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for getting back to us! @macsteven

If the upload to the cloud was done via Quik for Desktop, deleting it on the app will also delete it from the cloud.

You may want to try a different upload method instead.

Check out How to Add Media to GoPro Subscription 

Regards,

Ej