Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Sightseer

Why is the cloud upload unusable?

[ New ]

The upload speed is uselss (and yes I have cable fast broadband).  Even leaving it overnigh wont work on either my phone or the web app.  Pointelss as I'll never catch up (if they were ever to upload that is)

Why are you throtling it in such a crazy way.  It makes the subscription pointless

Sightseer

Re: Why is the cloud upload unusable?

[ New ]

I've even deleted all the items in the activity queue as they weren't being processed after 24 hours.  I'm now manually  trying to use the wed app to upload 5 * 3.65gb files and the first has hardly moved.  If my Mac crashes or I need to do anything else I can't.  Basically the whole auto upload stuff to the cloud is unusable and not fit for purpose.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @andythomas. The rate at which media are uploaded to the cloud depends on the size of the file and the stability of the network connection used. By web app, do you mean uploading through GoPro.com? How fast is the upload speed detected for your network? 

GoPro

[ New ]

@andythomas the uploads you have going into the cloud do seem to be very slow based on the files that did get uploaded. Can you go to https://fast.com and report the rated ISP upload speed ? We have many customers in your geographical location who do not face this issue. I'll pull some logs on our end and see if I can spot something. I might need to DM you to get more information.

Thanks

Tourist

[ New ]

I have the same issue. Have broadband and have been trying to upload some files for over a month now. Always fails. Very discouraging.

GoPro

[ New ]

@jeffc4261 from the looks of it you are in a different geography. From the uploads you have in your media library, it appears that you are primarily using your Android phone for upload. Is there an option for you to use either the camera or the web uploader to upload your files ? With the mobile OSes, the app is not always in control of the uploads when the app is in the background. What is your rated ISP upload speed if you go to "https://fast.com" ? I can help debug this further if you want.

Thanks