Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Sightseer

Why does my one recording get broken into multiple different files (videos) when loaded to the cloud

[ New ]

I record my son's tennis matches, which last more than an hour. When I upload the files to the cloud the single recording gets broken into multiple videos of equal size. In this instance, multiple different videos each 11:48 in length.

GoPro

Re: Why does my one recording get broken into multiple different files (videos) when loaded to th...

[ New ]

Hello, @litheshore0138. The long video file being split into segments is called chaptering and is automatically done in the camera.  How did you upload the media to the cloud? Which of these methods did you use? Among the three methods, only auto upload allows uploading media as a single file. 

Sightseer

Re: Why does my one recording get broken into multiple different files (videos) when loaded to th...

[ New ]
What is the auto upload method? I am inserting my sd card into my PC and uploading to my GoPro cloud account from there.
GoPro

[ New ]

The auto upload entails uploading media directly from the camera to the cloud. See Auto upload your footage to the cloud for details on system requirements and instructions on how to set it up.