Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Tourist

Why does GoPro Subscription Only Allow You to Add Media Files One At a Time?

[ New ]

That seems crazy to me!  And I known it was like this, I may not have ordered a GoPro.  I don't have enough hard drive memory to copy all my videos onto my computer from my camera, so I wanted up quickly upload them to my cloud acount since I have a GoPro subscription, but when I click on Add Media, it makes you do it one at a time.  I've got about 100 short video clips from a sporting even today.  It would take me all day to do this!  And this is exactly why I didn't want to upload them over wi-fi using the app on my phone....it's incredibly slow!  I'm really disappointed with this GoPro so far because they make it very inconvenient to get files off teh camera and view them when you've got a bunch like this.

GoPro

Re: Why does GoPro Subscription Only Allow You to Add Media Files One At a Time?

[ New ]

Hello, @susanh317. From your description, we gather that you are manually uploading media from your computer to your GoPro Subscription cloud. We just tried it and we are able to make multiple selections and upload multiple media to the cloud at once.

Which computer are you using and which OS is it on? Please tell us more about your workflow so we can help you best in resolving the matter. Screenshots showing the issue will be greatly helpful as well. Thanks! 

Tourist

Re: Why does GoPro Subscription Only Allow You to Add Media Files One At a Time?

[ New ]
No, I don't have enough room on my computer to upload the photos there first. I am trying to upload the photos to the GoPro subscription website directly from my GoPro camera. I've got the USB plugged in from my camera to my computer and I'm on the GoPro subscription site. And when I click on the add media button, it gives an error whenever you click on multiple photos from the GoPro camera that says you are only allowed to upload one at a time. So I had no other choice... I had to just upload them to the website over Wi-Fi by plugging the camera into the wall and then opening up the quick app on my phone. It took about six hours though for a hundred short video clips upload. Nothing quick about that at all.
Tourist

[ New ]

I'm using a Microsoft Surface Pro though.  I found a friend that has the exact same GoPro that I have though and said they had this same issue and it was a setting.  She's coming over tonight to look at it so yay!  Hopefully she'll be able to remember what setting it was and get this fixed for me. :-)

GoPro

[ New ]

Great to know that, @susanh317. We appreciate the update. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

Update as of 7-21-21, no luck.  So when now when I click on Add Media button from the GoPro subscription website and try to drag and drop photos and videos directly from the folder on my camera (by navigating to My PC, MyHero9 DCIM or whatever the folder is called and then finding the pictures), it says Browser Trouble...Folders can only be uploaded using Chrome, Firefox and MS Edge browers.

Well first of all, I"m not trying to upload an entire folder.  I literlly selected one video inside the folder and tried to drag and drop on onto the Add Media box on the website.  Second, first I was using MS Edge when I got this error but then I tried it in Chrome and I get the same error.  What gives?

GoPro

[ New ]

We appreciate the update, @susanh317. Is there a screenshot that shows the error message that you got? This will help us isolate the issue. Also, have you been able to try using an incognito browser? Do you see any activity at Manage Upload Page in Media Library