Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Sightseer

When i connect hero go pro 7 to laptop, i get USB connected symbol on go pro , but in laptop i dont

[ New ]

When i connect hero go pro 7 to laptop, i get USB connected symbol on go pro , but in laptop i dont files 

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: When i connect hero go pro 7 to laptop, i get USB connected symbol on go pro , but in laptop ...

[ New ]

Hello, @ankushv37. Are you using a specific media player to access your GoPro footage? If you are using Quik for desktop, there are troubleshooting steps below for you to try. 

A user also shared this solution. See if it works for you. You may also explore other programs that can be used to view and edit your GoPro footage. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: When i connect hero go pro 7 to laptop, i get USB connected symbol on go pro , but in laptop ...

[ New ]

Hello, @ankushv37. Are you using a specific media player to access your GoPro footage? If you are using Quik for desktop, there are troubleshooting steps below for you to try. 

A user also shared this solution. See if it works for you. You may also explore other programs that can be used to view and edit your GoPro footage. 

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hey Thanks!

I am able to connect via Micro SD card and same has been detected by Quick for desktop.

But i when i am connctecting my GO pro camear directly to Laptop with C type cable( GO pro original) , i am not able to see files in Laptop.

I do get USB connected symbol on Go Pro screen. Kidnly help with thus.

regards.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @ankushv37

If it's still the same after trying the steps above, see if using a different cable will help.

Other users confirmed that using USB 3.1 and USB 3.0 works.

If you have a USB-C to Thunderbolt cable, it should also work. 

Thanks!

Ej