Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Tourist

Video marked as uploaded but not in GoPro Cloud. How do I remove the checkmarked cloud?

[ New ]

I have several videos in my "App" tab in the GoPro app for iOS.

These videos have the cloud icon with a check mark on the top left corner, but they didn't upload to GoPro Cloud.

How do I remove that indicator and get them to upload automatically?

GoPro

Re: Video marked as uploaded but not in GoPro Cloud. How do I remove the checkmarked cloud?

[ New ]

Hello, @szada. There is no way to remove the cloud upload status icons on the media under the App tab. How were you checking for your cloud media? If it is through the app, try signing out and signing back in. You may also check your media by logging in to your account through GoPro.com. Let us know what you find out. Thanks!

Tourist

Re: Video marked as uploaded but not in GoPro Cloud. How do I remove the checkmarked cloud?

[ New ]
Hi @mariustanya

1. I tried to check through the iOS app
2. I logged out and logged back in
3. Then I tried through desktop at GoPro.com.

No matter what I did, these last few files won't upload.

If I try to manually upload them, it might get to the 50% mark, but then it'll hang and start over.

I have a strong gigabit internet connection so the wifi is not the issue.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @szada

Would you mind checking the Manage Upload Page in Media Library?

Can you check if there are files stuck on upload?

You may also share a screenshot of this page.

Thanks!

Ej

GoPro

[ New ]

@szada can you DM me the filenames that you are having issues with ? As @aragon1006 suggested, please try the "Manage uploads" page. If you see your filename listed there and its in that state for a few days, then delete it. Also, I see that you are using the desktop application. That is the slowest mechanism for upload in our ecosystem. You might be better off using either directly connecting the camera to the cloud or using the web uploader if you are seeing issues with upload speeds. Also, do you know if your Gigabit internet has symmetric speeds for uploads and downloads ?

Thanks

Tourist

[ New ]

@epicboost16310so if I use the web uploader it ends up canceling at random times, these are 4 GB files. I hate having to get to the 85% mark and then the upload failing so I've been avoiding the web uploader for this reason.

With the legacy Desktop app the upload will not fail even though it's very slow. I can pause and continue at a later time too.

1. For the manage uploads screen I did make sure there were no conflicts there, I even cleared it up to try to re-upload with no luck.

2. I ended up using Desktop uploader and letting it run all day to upload my files.

3. When I have new content over the weekend, I'll circle back to this thread to troubleshoot it.

GoPro

[ New ]

@szada getting canceled at 85% is frustrating. I have not heard of this behavior before, so am curious as to why that happens. Let me know once you have new content over the weekend and still have issues. BTW have you tried directly connecting the camera to the cloud ?

Thanks

Tourist

[ New ]

@epicboost16310 here's a screenshot of my latest videos that are stuck in upload. None of them have made it to the cloud. 

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 8.37.54 AM.png