Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Sightseer

Very disappointed on cloud

[ New ]

Just ordeded new GoPro 9 from the BF offer as addition to my older setup. As side I got one year subscription to cloud. I have to say that the initial feelings from the cloud is: Not usable at all for my needs.

In addition, quality and user experience is not in line with the camera products.

- Uploading takes days from iOS for even small amount of data.

- No folders in cloud service to organize your data. (whaaaat?)

Yes, I have enough BW (100M upload). Trying to upload approx 10GB worth of data has taken now 16hours and I have no clue when it will be finished. The app shows that four files are still "queued or timed". But nothing is uploading at the moment. Easy to promise unlimited storage when loading is limited.

I could see usage of this service in couple different ways but the restrictions make this service almost useless. Even considering that you get nice recording done, you edit it on spot with mobile phone and share with your desired group of frieds... Not usable even for that if the upload happens depending on the phase of the moon and amount of sunspots.

Probably I will just end my subscription. But since this is paid in advance  for one year. I will give it a try for couple more times.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Very disappointed on cloud

[ New ]

Hi @tapanih736 @lrdanubis

Can you please check if there are files stuck on upload?

Manage Upload Page in Media Library 

You may also try uploading manually.

Once logged in, click on Add Media.

Let us know how it goes.
You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs  for further assistance.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Tourist

[ New ]
I have to 100% agree. For a company that prides itself on such good cameras and footage. Why would you create a pay to use cloud service that is so woefully inadequate and crippled by speed. I took less than 30 minutes footage today and i still can’t get it to upload to the cloud. It’s not my internet, I’m on a fibre connection with 40Mbps upload speed and I’m lucky if i can get 2.5Mbps upload. That’s direct wifi, IOS app, Gopro Quik and direct upload using browser. Tried them all. It’s pretty much pointless, i find myself using the camera again before my previous footage is uploaded.

This forum is pretty much just a complaint about low speed thats been going on for years. Fix it or make it free.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @tapanih736 @lrdanubis

Can you please check if there are files stuck on upload?

Manage Upload Page in Media Library 

You may also try uploading manually.

Once logged in, click on Add Media.

Let us know how it goes.
You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs  for further assistance.

Thanks!

Ej