Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Tourist

Uploaded files are missing from GoPro Plus Media

[ New ]

I have two files that were not auto-uploading from the camera or the app, so I uploaded them through the GoPro Plus website. After doing so, the videos still do not show when "All Media" is selected and there is an error "The media you're uploading already exists in your media library" in the Activity view. The error shows after a previous failed upload (likely because of slow upload speed timed out).

The media still doesn't show after logging out and logging back in. Any thoughts or other solutions?

GoPro

Re: Uploaded files are missing from GoPro Plus Media

[ New ]

Hi @thageop,

Have you tried scanning or looking for the file manually?

Sometimes the camera reset its time and date. 

And the file time and date is affected. 

Check your older files and that file.video you're looking for might be in there.

-Jay

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi Jay,

How can I scan for the files manually? I only have 7 videos in my cloud account and the missing two are easy to identify as missing based on their length.

Let me know,

Steve

GoPro

[ New ]

Ohh got it @thageop,

Sorry I thought you already have a lot of files. 

We'll check on possible solution for that. 

You may also contact GoPro Customer Support so that they could check on that. 

They might have a solution for that.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

-Jay

Tourist

[ New ]

I'm having the same issue:

"The media you're uploading already exists in your media library." and it's not present.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @thageop and @dnationpt. Could the missing files be of videos that are chaptered? Such files appear as a single file in the camera, but chaptered when viewed through the GoPro App and the computer. These files can only be uploaded to the cloud through the camera as a hub (Auto Upload) and Quik for desktop. Seeing that the Auto Upload failed, try doing the upload through Quik for desktop. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

My case is a 60 seconds video made with GoPro Quik for Windows, I changed folder location and filename and now I can't import it via the GoPro Quik or even through the Web with GoPro Plus, always getting the error the media already exists in the library(Which doesn't)

GoPro

[ New ]

@dnationpt. Are you able to access or view this edited video in Quik for desktop? 

Tourist

[ New ]

No @mariustanya, it doesn't show there either and the folder where the video is is included in the import folder list. If you click on the scan button on Quik for desktop it says 0 new media found.

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the update, @dnationpt. At this point, it would be best to get in touch with our Support team for further troubleshooting. This way, a case can be created for our Plus team to check on. You can reach Support through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once connected, you can direct them to this thread for easy reference on what you have already done in terms of troubleshooting. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you @mariustanya ,

I've tried to, but the start chat button doesn't seem to work(either on chrome or firefox), it says 1min waitting time, I've waitted 30min and the button still doesn't work.

GoPro

[ New ]

Were you contacting Support during hours of operation indicated for your location? We just tested and were able to get to an agent right away. After the first "Start Chat" a pop-up window will appear asking you to put in your name and email address and hit another "Start Chat" button. Have you reached this part? If not, you may have to disable pop-up blockers that might be set on your device. If this is not the case, try changing the location to the US (if currently not in the US). 

Tourist

[ New ]

Yes I was able to get in contact with support, I had to change my region(Portugal) to UK since according to support there is no support for gopro plus members in PT. I wish you guys had a notification alerting us of it because the button to open the chat window when in the Portuguese region after 5pm does absolutely nothing, no feedback at all.

GoPro

[ New ]

We appreciate the feedback. We will relay this to the team in charge. Thank you!

Tourist

[ New ]

As i did readup the entire post, still for me also, and im a plus subscriber.

A file is on my camera, and not on the cloud.

Checked chaptered files, dates, etc etc. 7 files, and 5 in the cloud.

2 files, 1:09 and 8:52 got concatenated to 10:00. So that would be 6 and have 5 in the cloud.

Im missing a file 2:32 mins 867Mb, 2.7k and also my phone says, upload status complete.

The file is NOT IN THE CLOUD.

Any suggestions?

Im not secure now that the cloud is working as suppose to. Where is my file? I need room on my camera card.

But dont wanna delete them if the cloud misses a file.

I must rely on auto upload with wifi on my camera, even if it takes ages to upload.

Hiker

[ New ]

Did you made video recently? 

The idea is that problem with slow motion stored to cloud is fixed for new media but for old media is still not fixed and gopro is working for this. 

So if you have some old slow motion videos which you made in december and are not in cloud then you need to wait for a fix to upload old videos but if you just get a slow motion video and is not uploading then you have a new problem