Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Highlighted
Tourist

Upload edited photos/videos to the cloud

I usually upload my footage to the cloud directly from my GoPro. Then, I can download it on the GoPro App and edit the footage. The problem that I’m having is that the original unedited footage remains on the cloud, while the edited ones stay on my phone. Shouldn’t it upload the edited footage automatically? Or what would be the steps to get these edited files on the cloud directly from the GoPro App.

Just a little bit of more info: I’m using a GoPro Max (firmware up to date) with the GoPro App on an iPhone XS Max.
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Upload edited photos/videos to the cloud

Hi @ziemssen

Edited files should also import to the cloud.

Have you tried signing in and out of the PLUS account on the GoPro app?

You may also try switching the Mobile Upload option on and off. Settings>My Account> Mobile Upload

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

I tried that, but I'm still seeing the edited footage on the GoPro App and the unedited footage on the Cloud. I've made sure that connection is not an issue. Thank you!

Highlighted
GoPro

@ziemssen, just to clarify, are these edited files saved as a Story project in the GoPro App? If so, the video file isn't rendered yet. You'll have to export or save the project to Photos, then it'll upload to PLUS cloud in the background.

Highlighted
Tourist

No. It just a few photos and videos that I added a filter and some twitches in the app. I ended up saving it on my phone and then uploaded them manually to PLUS cloud. I've never had that problem before, so I wanted to check in to see if something has changed. Thank you!

Highlighted
GoPro

@ziemssen, it is likely possible that the original (unedited) file on the cloud can't be overridden with the adjustments made in the app. I'll take a further look at this and let you know soon as I've got new info available. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

I'll appreciate that. Thank you!