Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Tourist

UPLOAD TIME

[ New ]

I mean its impossible to load to the cloud.  Wont work from the gopro, wont work from in the app.  I just tried to do it from a computer, left it loading over 50 HOURS to load 12 Videos, all about 30-45 seconds and it NEVER FINISHED.  Why is this so unuseable?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: UPLOAD TIME

[ New ]

Hello @rachelw80778 from looking at your files that were uploaded and the timestamps in our cloud, your upload speed seems to be around 8 Mbps. If you go to "https://fast.com/" and click on "Show more info" after it calculates the download speed what do you see as your upload speed ? Regarding the failed upload, can you retry and see if that succeeds. There are many variables in uploading large files, some of which are entirely out of our control.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @rachelw80778

Sorry for any trouble caused.

Do you observe the same if uploading via gopro.com/login?

Kindly try one video for the initial test.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

That is how i was trying it on the computer.  Loading from files already on the computer.  I waited 50 hours and not even 12 videos loaded, and they are not long videos. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @rachelw80778 from the records we have I see that on July 14th there were two sets of uploads on your account, one in the morning and one in the evening. Are those the files you are referring to ? Those appear to have been processed in a couple of hours from what I can see. Can you point me to a specific file(s) that took a long time and I can see why that was the case.

Thanks

Tourist

[ New ]
The one in the morning was for everything on my SD card which was 270 videos. After a long time only one loaded so I cancelled. Then later that day I just choose the first 12 videos. I got to the computer today, two days later, and still only 10 of 12 loaded. It’s not any specific file that will not load. It appears to be basically any file. The first one that was successful took two hours or more. I’ve also tried from the app the week prior and after several hours only maybe 10 loaded out of the 270. But again even trying just a handful doesn’t bring success. I’m not sure what I can send that will illustrate this. If there is something let me know and when I am back at a computer I will send it.
GoPro

[ New ]

We just launched a new uploader for the web yesterday. Try it and let me know if you are getting better information.

Tourist

[ New ]

It is "faster" but still extremely slow. I just started with five videos, started at 10:35 AM and the current status is attached, the last file has did not have progress for over an hour and then failed.  

GoPro End.JPG
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @rachelw80778 from looking at your files that were uploaded and the timestamps in our cloud, your upload speed seems to be around 8 Mbps. If you go to "https://fast.com/" and click on "Show more info" after it calculates the download speed what do you see as your upload speed ? Regarding the failed upload, can you retry and see if that succeeds. There are many variables in uploading large files, some of which are entirely out of our control.