Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Tourist

Two Factor Authorization doesn't work.

[ New ]

Hi,

I've read numerious posts about this and seen how it was delt with. The two factor help page has  "87 of 326 people found this article helpful".  I've already contacted customer support.  The initial reply was to expect a reply in 4-5 business days.  That is a week I cannot use my account and a huge inconvience to a person who needs the functionality of this software for their profession. 

You need to fix this bug or not offer a two-factor authorization until it is bug free.  The troubleshooting tips given from customer service does not make sense from a technical perspective.  With many years of product, tech support, and customer service experience I didn't think such neglegence was accepted.  This paid subscription should offer quick and efficient handling of an essential services such as a login.  Even with access issues, I've never waited longer than a few minutes to get back into any account.  A 4-5 day wait for reply is not something you tell a new subscriber and customer.

I see the strategy of GoPro endorsing a broader audience and including subscription services as a way to bring more consistent revenue.  However, the excution is lackluster and requires more effort to be considered a "premieum service".  If you show effort to customers rather than giving excuses people wouldn't end up canceling subscriptions.  Which, i'll probably do once I can access my account.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Two Factor Authorization doesn't work.

[ New ]

We appreciate the feedback, @joesshoestore. We checked with Support and the only option at this time is to disable the 2-factor authentication so you can access your account. If you would prefer, we can request that the two-factor authentication setting be disabled. Let us know how you would like us to proceed. Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

[ New ]

We appreciate the feedback, @joesshoestore. We checked with Support and the only option at this time is to disable the 2-factor authentication so you can access your account. If you would prefer, we can request that the two-factor authentication setting be disabled. Let us know how you would like us to proceed. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you. Please disable the two-factor auth and excuse any hostility that may have been projected in my post.  I recently quit smoking and have been editing footage to keep my mind off of it.

GoPro

[ New ]

No worries, @joesshoestore. The two-factor authentication setting has already been disabled. See if you can already log in to your account now. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!