Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Tourist

Trim Cloud Videos

[ New ]

I'd like to trim my cloud videos, portions of the footage are of no use, so can get removed before any editing. whenever i try using the trim feature it spins on processing for a while then says an error occured. i have never gotten it to work. Does the function even do what i think it does? (Trim the cloud copy).

thank you

GoPro

Re: Trim Cloud Videos

[ New ]

Hi @nordhand

Are you doing the edits on the app or through the Media page on the web?

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

i have been using the web app. i do not have an option to trim cloud-stored videos from the app (android). 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @nordhand. It takes a little longer but you should be able to trim and save videos in the cloud through the web. We just tested it on a Windows computer using Google Chrome and we were able to successfully trim and save trimmed footage. The trimmed footage could be played back through the web, and accessible through the GoPro App as well. 

Which device are you using and which OS is it on? Were you able to explore whether using a different browser make any difference? Also, does it matter how huge the original file is or with which resolution it was recorded? These details can help isolate the issue. We hope to hear back from you. 

Tourist

[ New ]

I have tried using ubuntu 20.10 with brave (all blockers disabled). Windows 10 with chrome and with edge. same issue on each attempt. 

the video i have been testing on was a 5k/24 video, 9 seconds long, trying to trim to 4 seconds. 

Tourist

[ New ]

i was just able to trim a 4k/30 clip. so i guess it is 5k clips it doesnt like..?

as a second question, is the trim just creating a copy? i was hoping it was going to save over the original so my cloud storage isnt quite as full of cruft. if it is only making a copy, its far faster doing that work on a local machine & i dont have a use case for the feature. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @nordhand

Trimming the files will create a new file on the cloud.

We'll have this shared with the team.

We'll post back for updates.

Thanks!

Ej

GoPro

[ New ]

@nordhand trims should work for 5K as well. I'll get that tested. Can you point me to the media ? If you DM me a shared link that would be great. The trim creates a copy btw.

Thanks