Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: There is no reasonable way to load large / chaptered GoPro MAX files into GoPro Plus

If you can upload .360 files from the Max via a web browser to GP plus, why do I get a stupid message telling me 'we prefer....' and it wont even consider accepting my .360 files?

Come on, I'm paying for this service and its so bad GP should be ashamed of themselves. 

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: There is no reasonable way to load large / chaptered GoPro MAX files into GoPro Plus

Capture.JPG

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @agilebeach15350. Are you logged into your GoPro Plus account through plus.gopro.com ? We just tried uploading a .360 file to the cloud, manually through gopro.com and this is what we get: 

Highlighted
Hiker

Is that a 4GB file?

Highlighted
GoPro

Yes, it is, @agilebeach15350. It is one of the four chaptered files of a single video. 

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

thanks, and did it upload ok and on the Cloud?

I tired at work and got the same result as you. Went home, still no luck. I then uninstalled the beta of the Windows 360 player, and then the uploader would recognise my files. I dont know why, but this was blocking the uploader from recognising my files as compatible.

Saying that, it took 14 hours to get to the point where the uploader had finished, the blue line hit the right hand sid eof the window, but 7 hours later its not actually on the cloud. Thats almost a day with my PC sitting there. The uploader window is still open.

Up load speeds were fine (2MB's upload) the whole time and i have nothing else running.

So yeah, no way to upload these large files at all. Whats the point of offering this type of service to countries that you wont support?

Highlighted
GoPro

Did you even see a thumbnail of the 360 MAX file that indicated complete upload? It could be a black screen with a loading circle, or a blank thumbnail or a frame/image representing the video. 

Highlighted
Hiker

No, there is no indication that  it has actually finished.