Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Tourist

Re: The media you're uploading already exists in your media library.

[ New ]

It finally worked, had to turn off Autoupload on camera, wait a day, then turn it back on and wait for it to upload, it uploaded and showed as a black window with a spinning blue circle, after an hour or so it was viewable.

Tourist

[ New ]

@jimvdoes that mean you have a working "workaround". Or do you just have to wait for this to happen again and start messing with the auto upload settings again?

I'm still in my trial period, second day actually ;-) and already have basic data availability issues in the cloud without a clear direction for a solution. Very annoying, I actually have to upload it to a different cloud and work from there, which should be the last thing GoPro wants us to do since the cloud is absolutely booming and there is enough options out there to put our money.

Guess I'll wait for my free trial to end and make a decision at that time.

Regards,

D.

Tourist

[ New ]

I'm still in trial period too, and just one file I had issues with, at first I autouploaded files with no problem, then I made a time warp video and plugged my camera into power and autoupload began, and it uploaded the timewarp video and camera turned off.  In my Library, the file was there but black with spinning blue circle.  I waited and waited and still same, spinning blue circle.  The next day the file was there with spinning circle still, I logged out and back in, refreshed page etc. still spinning circle.  I went into the information for the file so its like full screen and had the option to delete it.  So I deleted the file, tried autoupload again, took forever, just about 3 hours to only get The Media is already in your library.  The day before yesterday I chated with support about it.  They suggested I turn the autoupload off and leave it off for 24 hours, then try again.  I left autoupload off for a day, and decided to try the manual upload, it manually uploaded some new videos I had made successfully but I still go the message The Media already exists in your Library.  This morning I turned on autoupload and it uploaded the one timewarp file, and it completed and the camera turned off.  I went in my library and there it was, with the spinning blue circle, I came back to it an hour later and it was actually there and worked fine!  OMG that was on 6/9/2020 when I first tried to upload that file.  Finally it is good.  I have to say that turning off the autoupload for 24 hours worked.

Tourist

[ New ]

Interesting, I haven't even turned autoupload on yet. So just turned it on, so I have something to turn off in the future. My missing movie was a manual upload.

I'll start messing about with the auto upload and maybe I get lucky ;-)

GoPro

[ New ]

@rmcoimbra I will take a look today and get back to you.

GoPro

[ New ]

For everyone else on this thread, please do remember that videos that you are uploading from GoPro cameras are fairly big. So, it takes time to upload to the cloud and then process them. Most folks don't have symmetric upload and download speeds. As an example, I have Comcast at home. My download speed is 300 Mbps and upload is 10 Mbps. That is the rated speed without accounting for networking overheads. We have been working over the past few months to improve the Plus upload capabilities and you should see that reflected in faster uploads from home. We are committed to working through issues reported by users. If there are specific issues with your uploads, please tag me and I can take a look at what is going on.

Thanks

Tourist

[ New ]

@epicboost16310Once the upload has finished, as is shown by the "completion/ progress bar" (or whatever you call that) your file should be in the cloud. Once there, the internet connection you have at home will no longer have influence on whether or not the file is actually visible in the cloud. Correct?

Anyway, it's now three days after my initial upload and I started messing about with the "auto upload" settings, it has just shown up in the media list in the cloud. Uploading a new file now, checking to see if that is gonna show up.

Regards,

D.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @dvveen I took a look at your the start of your uploads and end times. For the most part they were what I would expect. There are a couple of files that took longer through Quik for Desktop. Unfortunately the networking changes that we have made are not applicable to QDA. If this has not been your experience, can you give me specific examples of files and I can dig deeper. You can DM me the link from the web media library. It should look something like this when you click into the detail for a media item:

https://plus.gopro.com/media-library/aRllD9dkLxydd

Thanks