Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Tourist

Re: The media you're uploading already exists in your media library.

[ New ]

@epicboost16310 Give me a second, I turned off mobile upload from my apps (iPhone and iPad), deleted all media, and am now trying a manual upload via the web. I will let you know how that goes!

Tourist

[ New ]

@epicboost16310 No dice, it finished uploading and said it already exists in my media library. Would appreciate a media library wipe when you get a second, as there shouldn't be any media in there since I deleted everything.

Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

The workaround that I have found to be effective is to slightly crop the original video, save it as a new video and either manually add to the library or let the software reload to the cloud. So far I haven't had a problem doing this. It's not ideal, but at least I've been able to get done what is necessary.

Tourist

[ New ]

Not too sure how well that will work with 360 footage from a GoPro Max, I imagine if I cropped it there would be a pretty noticeable seam. I could try splitting the videos in half, yet that doesn't seem like an optimal solution - much easier to just wipe the files from the account and start over.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @psyrixx

Can we have the file names of the files you are trying to upload?

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

GS010006.360

GS020006.360

GS030006.360

GS040006.360

GS050006.360

GS060006.360

GS070006.360

GS080006.360

GS090006.360

GS100006.360

GS110006.360

GS120006.360

GS130006.360

GS140006.360

GS150006.360

GS160006.360

I also tried renaming them to 2020-07

Sightseer

[ New ]

I'm having the same issue, so frustrating and time consuming. Obviously this is a known problem that hasn't been fixed. I'm glad I'm on my trial period still.

Hiker

[ New ]

Poor cloud service,,,what is a solution for this problem? It's so annoying 

Hiker

Rif.: The media you're uploading already exists in your media library.

[ New ]

anche io sto riscontrando lo stesso problema

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @psyrixx

This has been shared with the team.

We'll post back once we have an update.

Hi @joshp3722 @hwijaejo821

Can you also post the files name you are having trouble with?

We'll have this checked with the team.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

hi,

Same problem here : I try to upload files that don't appear in my media list online but I got the message saying that they are already there.

Using the web interface, not the apps.

I already experienced the problem with 2 files out of tentative of upload of 10 vids. 20% failure rate is pretty annoying.

These are not split files, just basic vids of a few hundreds of MB, not even GB.

I have to confess that this is my trial month with gopro plus and I can't imagine to keep on paying for a service that is misworking that much once the trial month is over.

Any update about how/when the team would investigate this problem ? or any known workaround ?

GoPro

Re: Rif.: The media you're uploading already exists in your media library.

[ New ]

Hi @xapitof

Sorry for any trouble caused.

This has been reported to the team.

We'll post back once new information is available.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hello, 

Thank you for your reply. Here are some of the file names - GH10166, GH010167, GH010168, GH020168, GX010169, GX010170, GX010171, GX010172, GX010173.

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi, one of missing file name is GH010203, I tried to upload with different name but it is a same result. The rest of missing files, I can't find them because thumb nails and file order in cloud and in folder are different so it's hassle to compare every files.

GoPro

[ New ]

@xapitof looking at your account I saw only one file ending in 39 that appeared to be stuck. Is that the one you are referring to ? I have reset the state. Please try again and see if it gets uploaded. The challenge with uploads into Plus is dealing with multiple sources that you can upload from. We want to provide users the freedom and the choice to upload from mobile/web/camera/desktop and that leads to more complexity in dealing with simultaneous uploads. We are constantly striving to improve the upload experience and we do take into account feedback that we get on these forums.

Thanks

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @hwijaejo821 I don't see the filename GH010203 in your media library. Can you DM me more details of the file ? Duration/approximate capture date etc ? Also, in the web media library(https://plus.gopro.com) you can look at the recently uploaded media and see if you spot your files there.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @joshp3722 all the files that you have listed are in your media library. Please do note it takes some time after upload for videos to be available for viewing. Maybe look at the recently uploaded filter in your web media library to validate that they are indeed there. Post here or DM me if you need more help.

Thanks

GoPro

[ New ]

@psyrixx apologies for the late response as I was on vacation. I reset the states for your files except for these:

2020.07.04-01.360
GS150006.360
GS120006.360
GS090006.360
GS100006.360
GS090006.360
GS080006.360

The ones I have listed above are in the cloud and have errors in processing that I will have someone look at and fix. Once that's done you should be able to see them.

Thanks

Hiker

[ New ]

That's what I mean, it is not there but the cloud says it exists. also, I''ve checked recently uploads too.

It is a 5:19 mins 4K video and captured on 11 July. 

GoPro

[ New ]

@hwijaejo821 I sent you a DM with one video file that I found that was closest to your description. Taken on July 11th and about 5:19 in length. Let me know if that is the one you were looking for.

Tourist

[ New ]

I found a solution to the duplicate media problem for anyone else running into this.

In the GoPro Plus webapp, go to https://plus.gopro.com/media-library/upload-status

For me, I had several files that had "Uploading" status. I delete all of these, and manually uploaded the files that were failing through the webapp. After this I did not get the duplicate media error and it was successfully uploaded.

Tourist

[ New ]

I am surprised that you don't handle this like any other company/service handles upload/download.

It shouldn't be difficult to append a temporary extension to the filename during upload that is then removed upon file upload completion.  You could make the file extension different for each platform.  This would allow multiple sources to upload simultaneously, with the "winner" being the file that ends up with the actual filename and the "losers" just getting the duplicate file message and not overwriting the winning file.

You have complete control of the upload process no matter what the source is.

Please fix this for your paying customers.

Tourist

[ New ]
@epicboost16310 Just bringing to your attention.
GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks @coreyl1830 for the suggestion :-) 

Tourist

[ New ]

I´m having the same issue. Video stuck with "cloud with clock" in ipad app, no way to restart the upload from the app. Saved to photos, synched via iCloud to laptop, then manual upload (nearly 4gb file)... and at the end? "oh yeah so the file was already there but if you wanna actually see it you're SOL" (or something about "media (...) already existis in your media library").

So, GoPro staff, do you have an actual budget for fixing this or does it all go on ads? I'm just finding out people have been bringing this issue up for months now!!

GoPro

[ New ]

@vitalsurf71655, the cloud icon on the media thumbnail indicates that the item is queued for upload. The upload time is dependent on multiple factors, namely your network speed and the file size of your content. If you are using a wireless network, ensure that your device has a stable Wi-Fi connection. 

You can try to force restart the upload process by going to the GoPro app settings [Settings] > [My Account] > [GoPro Subscription] > [Mobile Upload].

Please try to access the Manage page on your GoPro Media Library using a web browser on your computer, and then check if you have the files on the list. From there, you can either retry uploading the media or delete it from the list so you can try re-uploading.

Let us know how it goes.