Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: The media you're uploading already exists in your media library

I am also having this issue "already exists" for four videos which are actually not present or indexed in cloud plus.

Very frustrating for the end user. As the issue seems frequent (according to my own experience but also the many post reported in the forums), it would be good to foresee something. Like adding a small piece of code in "GoPro cloud" so that when such message is displayed ...GoPro would actually double check and verify that indeed the file exists, has been completely uploaded and is properly indexed (with thumbnail): as in many case, the issue is not a mistake of the user but a lack of indexation on go pro cloud side.

One of them is GH040538.MP4

THe three others are only stored in the GoPro IOS app (and I wouldn't like to loose them), hence I cannot actually tell their exact name but they are dated respectively from video footage taken on 3, 5 and 7september 2020.

Highlighted
GoPro

@flupk I found your file you mentioned as successful in the database. So, you might already be aware of the new Manage Uploads page we added to the top of the Activity view on the web interface where you can manually retry. 

We are continually looking for the sources of failures and missing automatic retries in our processing pipeline. Thank you for your suggestion, and we will look into it.

Highlighted
Hiker

Thanks.

I had repeatedly tried unsuccessfully for two weeks and suddently it was resolved indeed. The only thing that had changed on my side was the updated to the last GoPro IOS app, so maybe it had a positive impact.

I also noticed that the iPad had not much storage anymore after the IOS14 as 128Gb nearly where taken by "system files". But eventually the Apple IOS-device cloud backup completed and that space xas liberated. Then it may have helped the GoPro app to ahve sufficient memory to upload.

I still had a lot of crashes of the GoPro app when it was failing and it may be useful for you to anayze it. See attached. 

IMG_0311.jpg
Highlighted
GoPro

Thanks for the update! @flupk

We'll have this shared with the team.

We'll post back once new information is available.

Regards,

Ej

Highlighted
Sightseer

I'm having the same issue. On the third time through phone support telling me to disable mobile upload and re-enable I gave up. I am really trying to love this service. 

2020-11-11 14_59_06-GoPro Media Library.png
Highlighted
GoPro

@nodeuces I see you are uploading from your iOS phone and the camera directly. Can you leave your camera plugged in and let it finish uploading ? We have checks in place to prevent duplicate uploads. So uploads started from one mechanism will not permit an upload from another. You can go to this page to take a look at your upload activity and manage them:

https://plus.gopro.com/media-library/upload-status

I would suggest that you take a look there first. The mobile app is at the mercy of the phone unfortunately when its backgrounded. So, if you want to upload via mobile, then open the app, turn off auto-lock and then leave the phone plugged in.

Post back here and tag me if you need help.

Thanks