Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Tourist

The media you're uploading already exists in your media library.

[ New ]

This message appears every time I try to upload files from my computer, iPad or iPhone... Nevertheless, the files (allegedly already uploaded) are NOT in my GoPro plus cloud.

How can I correct this situation? I have seen other people with the same problem yet no solution has been given to them. 

Thank you

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: The media you're uploading already exists in your media library.

[ New ]

@fireylift6143 if you go to this page now which went live today, you can look at your uploads in progress. The ones that show up as "Uploading" and have been in that state for a while can be deleted.

https://plus.gopro.com/media-library/upload-status

Please provide feedback on the page if you have any and tag me.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @fireylift6143

Does the same happen if you do it via gopro.com/login?

Can you share the file names, please?

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Unfortunately, it does. Same error message as when using the app.

The files are GP040178.mp4, GP030178.mp4...

I renamed the files to 1, 2, 3, ... yet same error message.

Thank you

GoPro

[ New ]

@fireylift6143 those appear to be on your iOS app. Can you open up the app, leave it in the foreground and then let it upload ? I'm not sure what your upload speed is but these are chapters from the looks of it and will be around 4 GB each. So, it might take some time to upload. The other option is to setup your camera for upload for these larger files. Let me know if what I suggested works. If not, post here and tag me and we can work out how to get your files up to the cloud.

Thanks

Tourist

[ New ]

I followed your instructions yet nothing happened though. Only files gp050170 and 060178 are shown, however no trace of 010, 020, 030...

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @fireylift6143 we are rolling out a new feature that will help you and other users in this situation. I will respond to you later today with the details.

Thanks

GoPro

[ New ]

@fireylift6143 if you go to this page now which went live today, you can look at your uploads in progress. The ones that show up as "Uploading" and have been in that state for a while can be deleted.

https://plus.gopro.com/media-library/upload-status

Please provide feedback on the page if you have any and tag me.

Tourist

[ New ]
I followed the link and I have been able to delete all the previous uploads and start again from
The veginning. It seems that it works alright.
Thank you very much indeed.
Probably a permanent link would be a good solution (just in case something happens again)
Cheers
GoPro

[ New ]

@fireylift6143 glad to hear that it worked for you. I am not sure I understand what you mean by having a permanent link. The page I sent you is permanent. Its accessible on the Activity link in the left navigation.

Tourist

[ New ]

Good to know that the uploading page will be available as a link in the activity tab. 

Thanks again for your kind help