Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Highlighted
Tourist

The media on my app won't upload to the cloud

Hey guys, I recently got my first GoPro. I put all my videos and pictures into the app for iPhone (iPhone 8, if it's relevant info) and it's been a while (about a month) since I'm trying to upload the videos from my app to the cloud and it just won't work. I tried the auto upload option but it's just not a good one. Not really effective. I need to upload all my media to the cloud, how can I do it?

PS: GoPro team, please, make an option to upload media manually. This auto upload thing is really annoying.
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: The media on my app won't upload to the cloud

Sorry to know that @ankemermon,

You have an option to do it manually. 

Try to access GoPro PLUS website using your web browser. 

http://plus.gopro.com/

You can manually upload your files using that or manually upload your files using the app. 

-Jay

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Jay @graytree76514 ! All the files are in my GoPro app on my phone. Should I still go to the browser in my phone and do it as you said? Please, note that my phone and my laptop have no more space so basically that's the reason why I'm trying to upload everything to the cloud
Highlighted
GoPro

You don't have to @ankemermon,

It's just an option. 

Just pair your camera to your phone and make sure it's plugged in or your camera should be charging to start uploading your files manually. 

On your camera just swipe down and then look for GoPro PLUS upload option then choose manual upload. 

-Jay

Highlighted
Sightseer

I'm having the same issue too.  I set my GoPro app on my phone to auto upload to the cloud.  This method used to allow the app to recognize that there was new media, and all I had to do was swipe down on my phone app and the media automatically uploaded to the cloud ... until yesterday afternoon.  I hadn't made any changes or updates to any of my settings, but now the message on my camera (Hero 8) states "Starting upload" but the next display stays at 0% and it looks like the camera is processing, no no media actually gets uploaded.  After waiting for about 10 minutes, I get an "UPLOAD ERROR" message that says to check the WiFi connection and try again.  I've been checking all of the settings since yesterday afternoon, and I still haven't found any incorrect settings.  I know the WiFi connection is good because my phone is using my wifi connection.

I also tried just about all of the suggestions available in the support section, but the auto upload from my camera to the GoPro Plus dcloud still isn't working.  What else can I try?

Highlighted
Tourist

@graytree76514 Hello! Sorry, probably I wasn't clear enough. I went on a trip to the Caribbean and recorded lot of material with my GoPro, at some point I ran off memory in my GoPro camera so I download, through the app, all the media that I had in my GoPro camera to the app in my phone. After that, I format the memory in my GoPro camera so I can keep recording. I recorded more stuff with my GoPro camera, and once that I got back home after the trip, I manually uploaded all the media that was in my GoPro camera to the cloud manually. Whereas for the media that I have in the app in my phone, I set the "Auto-Upload" option because it was the only one available, and yet, it has been a month since I came back from the Caribbean and, only 10% of the files that I have in the app of my phone have been uploaded to the cloud. Note that I spend a lot of time in my home using just the Wi-Fi, therefore this "Auto-Upload" option is not so effective - or, I just can't use it effectively.

I just want to be able to upload all the media that I have in the app of my phone, to the cloud. May you help me with this? I don't have anymore space in my phone, nor in my laptop. I need the cloud, that's why I'm paying monthly. I'd really appreciate your help, if it could be detailed, would be even better. I want to be able to have everything in the cloud and be safe that all my memories from that trip are going to be safe.

Kind regards!

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @kchero8 and @ankemermon. If you haven't yet, try this. Manually upload your media through plus.gopro.com . This can only be done through a computer so you have to have the media saved on your computer. 

If you have your media on the phone, you can move them to your computer so they can be accessed once you are ready to upload them manually. Once logged in to your Plus account on the web, click on Add Media (see upper-right portion of the page) and you can click on or drag whichever media you would like to upload to the Plus cloud. 

Feel free to post back for any questions or concerns. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi,

Experiencing the same problem here. Lot's of media in the GoPro-app on my iPhone which won't upload to the cloud. Only new media gets uploaded. Like mentioned by others here the media is IN the app op the phone. It's not in the photo/video-gallery of the phone. I also don't have enough space to save it to the gallery. I guess that would be the only way to transfer it to a computer for you offered solution.

I, and I guess the others too, need to upload to the cloud directly from the app. We cannot upload manually.

Thanks!