Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Hiker

Subscription not upgraded after Hero 9 purchase?

[ New ]

Hello, I purchased the Hero 9 from the GoPro site - for the discounted 350.00 rate that included an annual subscription rate. I had read that if you were already a monthly subscriber - I am - it would automatically upgrade/switch over. But when I'm viewing my GoPro account - it still shows a monthly subscription. Is there something I am supposed to do manually to have it update? 

Thanks, Jeff. 

Tourist

Re: Subscription not upgraded after Hero 9 purchase?

[ New ]

Jeff,

I'm in the same boat with you and have he same problem. I reached out to customer service and they gave me some wired answer that does not make any sense at all and feel they owe us our 1 year subscription. It should not matter if we had an active account or not. The advertising states if you buy the Hero9 Bundle for $399.98 it includes a 1-year Subscription to GoPro. I already have a max but felt this was one sweet deal so I bought this as an early Christmas gift. I hope GoPro reads this because I want what I paid for. I also don't appreciated being put on hold for a long time trying to speak to ma supervisor and them getting hung up on. I really hope the higher ups at GoPro care about great customer relations and want to make sure they are not putting out any false advertisement. I'm attaching a picture of the website that has the deal that I bought and I'm expecting. I already got the camera but still waiting on instructions on how to redeem my 1-year subscription to GoPro Plus. 

E07263AE-501A-43E8-B3A2-266FC58854CC.png
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @jeffnewton and @tazman714. The bundle promo that includes a 1-year subscription to GoPro does not apply to existing subscribers. Existing subscribers get a $100 discount on the camera purchase. For more information, see Terms + Conditions.

Tourist

[ New ]
@mariustanya Why does that Matter? I’m paying the same amount $399.98 and should also get what the promo is offering. You need to take care of your loyal customers that will continue to buy your products not punish them for already having account. The ad specifically states if I pick the bundle for 399.98 I will get a 1-year subscription to GoPro plus so give me my 1-year subscription. It’s not that hard. GoPro makes me an offer, I take the offer and now it’s GoPro’s turn to come thru on the deal and not make up all these stipulation. You already have a great product. Just need to work on the customer service part.
Tourist

[ New ]
So I guess GoPro is not interested in making thing right?? They sure responded with their terms and conditions if that’s they call it. I see us getting ripped off or our 1-year membership that is included and like many others and myself is the reason we bought the Hero9 Bundle. Please respond and let us know how to redeem our included 1year memberships.
9E4A931C-0E78-40F6-BE9B-2FB245E58AF1.png
Hiker

[ New ]

I also think that is a very questionable approach. My subscription runs until April 2021. This offer persuaded me not to buy a GoPro 9. Even if customers also buy a GoPro Max, they do not benefit from it. Here you can see the fault of the system.

We customers have it in our own hands.