Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Highlighted
Tourist

Subscription cancel

Hello! 

In what case can i cancel my Subscribtion without paying full amount for camera? Do i have to pay for another year to cancel my subscribtion without paying full amount for camera?

P.S. Maybe it's possible to explain in easy English.

International buyer. EU.

Karlis.

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Subscription cancel

Once you're subscribed, you can cancel whenever you want. You'll be covered for the full year of the subscription since that was included in the promotion, but cancelling before the year is over will stop the subscription from auto-renewing next year, if that's what you want to do.
Highlighted
Tourist

Ok. But when i want to cancel subscription now, the GoPro are saying that i will be apply with full camera price, because i have bought the bundle from website with 1 year subsription. My question is, when can i cancel subscription without payinf full price of camera?
Highlighted
Sightseer

yo, después de varios intentos por teléfono y por chat, aún no he conseguido obtener una respuesta clara y concreta a la pregunta ¿transcurrido el primero año de suscripción estoy obligado a renovarla si quiero mantener el precio de la oferta de la cámara?. Y así...., sin respuesta concisa y precisa, hasta hoy. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hola, me he precipitado en mi anterior mensaje, pues acabo de encontrar este otro que definitivamente trata el tema y aclara mis dudas.

"You don't have to subscribe for a second year to get the discounted price on the camera.

If you decide you don't want to continue your subscription past that first year, you can cancel the subscription during that year. Even if you cancel, you'll still have the subscription for that full year since you're already paid in for that one-year subscription term, so there won't be any difference in the price of the camera that you'd need to pay for."

Highlighted
Tourist

So i wont be applied for the full amount of camera, if i cancel it now?
Highlighted
Tourist

no, i can't because - ..."In the event that you cancel your subscription before the end of the initial year term but keep your camera, and in so doing, fall below the threshold for eligibility for this offer, we will reduce any applicable refund owed to you by the full retail price of the camera and reserve the right to charge your payment method for any remaining balance owed to GoPro. There is no free trial period and there will be no pro-rated refunds for cancelled subscriptions."

Pleace explain this or change yours terms to more understandable.

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

You can cancel your subscription at any point and you will still be subscribed for the remainder of the term that you've already paid for. So, if pay for the one-year subscription but decide to cancel a month later, you'll still have the subscription coverage for the remainder of that year. However, because you canceled, your subscription will not automatically renew, so it will end when that year is up.

If your subscription goes for the full year (even if you cancel it during the year), you'll still have met the requirement to have one year of subscription coverage, so you won't be billed for the full amount of the camera.