Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Tourist

Subscription Plus cancellation terms with bundle

[ New ]

If order the hero 9 black with the Plus bundle for the discount the website says:

"If GoPro subscription is purchased as part of a bundled camera promotion, customer may cancel the subscription portion of the bundle post purchase and acknowledges they will be charged the full retail price of the camera."

So if I decide to cancel before my next annual payment will I get charged full price of the camera? What is the minimum amount of time I need to keep the Plus subscription to receive the discount on the camera?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Subscription Plus cancellation terms with bundle

[ New ]

If anyone is concerned about being billed for a second year of their GoPro subscription, they can cancel their subscription at any time during the year. There is no obligation to renew the subscription beyond that first year to take advantage of the offer.

If you decide that you do not want to renew your subscription beyond that first year, then your best option is going to be to cancel your subscription before it is set to renew a year after you signed up. If you're concerned about hitting the exact date, there is no need to worry about that. You can cancel at any point during that year - you don't need to wait until the last day or week, etc. As our full Subscription T&Cs say, "After the Free Introductory Trial – or if there is no Free Introductory Trial – Your Subscription will continue unless and until You cancel it or We terminate, cancel, suspend or disable it. You may cancel Your Subscription any time before Your renewal and avoid billing of the next period’s Fee to Your chosen payment method. Your cancellation will be effective as of the last day of the period for which you paid a Fee. You may continue to use the Subscription until your cancellation is effective and no refund will be issued unless required by applicable law."

If you're concerned about being billed for the full amount for the camera or bundle if you cancel during your first year of your subscription, you'd only be responsible for the full price of the camera or bundle if you cancel your subscripiton and are refunded for the subscription fee. This scenario would happen in very limited cases, such as with customers in the EU who decide to cancel during their 14-day free trial period. For everyone else, there are no prorated refunds for cancelled subscriptions, so you'd still be meeting all the criteria for the special offer. See the offer T&Cs here for more info. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Hiker

[ New ]

That's my question as well. 

Furthermore, when you go to checkout you can see the below text:

"I authorize GoPro to automatically charge the payment method provided at the price and renewal frequency indicated above until I cancel by selecting Cancel Subscription in my GoPro Subscription account settings."

It's not clear at all. it looks like an infinite loop, very shady move!!

Tourist

[ New ]
I had the same question. In the following, there is Terms + Conditions (https://gopro.com/en/tw/legal/subscription-camera-bundle).
It seemly can cancel at second year.
Gopro term is
"Discount applies once all items are placed in the cart. Limit: one per customer. Current GoPro subscribers not eligible for the offer. In the event that you cancel your subscription before the end of the initial year term but keep your camera, and in so doing, fall below the threshold for eligibility for this offer, we will reduce any applicable refund owed to you by the full retail price of the camera and reserve the right to charge your payment method for any remaining balance owed to GoPro."
Hiker

[ New ]

I think the term is for one year. You should be able to cancel and not renew after this first year. But hope we can get a reply from Gopro here

Tourist

[ New ]

*MP-04294619

Bonjour

J essaie de joindre désespérément le service client go pro depuis des semaines. Je remplis le questionnaire pour être rappelé dans les 5min par téléphone ou par chat mais toujours aucunes nouvelles. 

j'ai commandé une go pro vie la site go-pro.com  on m'en livre 2 et bien je suis prélevé de mon compte 2 go-pro 

J'essaye de joindre go pro via le formulaire en ligne et personne ne reponds 

Comment faire merci pour votre aide

Cordialement

Jeddi younes 

Merci de m'indiquer comment renvoyer la commande et annulé mon service go pro plus

Tourist

[ New ]
Trying to find out the same answer here. Seems kind of Shady to be honest because I know I will forget to cancel and it will auto renew and that is what they want. I just want to prevent it from auto renewing on its own without getting charged for breaking the sketchy “contract” they made. I certainly hope we get a response from Go Pro but really I’m ashamed the company would stoop to this level.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello everyone! As per the terms and conditions of Subscribe to GoPro bundle, any applicable refund owed to you will be reduced by the full retail price of the camera when your subscription is canceled before the end of the initial year term.

Sightseer

[ New ]

@aenriquez wrote:

Hello everyone! As per the terms and conditions of Subscribe to GoPro bundle, any applicable refund owed to you will be reduced by the full retail price of the camera when your subscription is canceled before the end of the initial year term.

So is there a way to purchase the camera with the subscription bundle discount and not have to pay for a second year of GoPro subscription?