Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Sightseer

Slow auto upload via fast Wifi. Even slower before videos appear in the cloud

[ New ]

Auto upload from the GoPro 7 Silver via home Wifi and fibre internet is slow. But to wait until the uploads are visible in GoProPlus cloud is exteremly slow. The videos are outdated when they show up. When I edit and cut little episodes from a longer video, like less than 1 minute from a 30 to 60 minute video the cuts don't appear immedately. It could take hours. Why should we accept such poor bandwidth service. it would be reasonable if the transfer would take about the same time as other film tranfers. I don't understand why it's so slow. Why doesn't the films appear when they're uploaded? iCloud and OneDrive is not particularly slow.

Maybe it's better to buy an extra disc and upload via cable? 

Nomad

Re: Slow auto upload via fast Wifi. Even slower before videos appear in the cloud

[ New ]

You can have very fast internet but still have a fairly low upload speed... and, depending on what resolution you've been shooting in, the files are likely enormous!

My hero 7 silver always seemed to take forever to upload, and then I got my hero 9 black, and those take even longer to upload due to the outrageous file sizes, and my internet is 100mbps...

That is what happens when you want high quality, huge files...

I have pretty fast internet, as I said, but my download speed is 80+ mb per second while my upload speed is 5 or less... this causes uploads to take a long time... sometimes very long... try doing an internet speedtest, here is a copy of my results...

Screenshot_20210407-223937_Chrome.jpg

Nomad

Re: Slow auto upload via fast Wifi. Even slower before videos appear in the cloud

[ New ]
Nomad

[ New ]

When your videos are uploaded, they are then processed... they could probably make them available faster, but I'm thinking you'd only be able to watch them at drastically lower resolution at first, so either way, there would likely be complaints... also, gopro creates a compressed version of every video, which is pretty useful, and the video quality is not so terribly butchered as it is with other similar services I've used...

Sorry, but that's my 2 cents...