Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Tourist

Received an faulty camera GoPro9 Special Bundle!

[ New ]
I Contacted support and I’m awaiting a call back. This still leaves me without a camera that’s I’ve paid for. Is there anyway a replacement can be sent while the faulty camera is in transit. I can provide the UPS tracking ref. My GoPro case number is 09310923 and the rma number is RMA-723096.

I’ve bought and received a faulty camera. Both batteries get very hot after half an hour and so does the camera, too. This can't be normal and so i need urgently an replacement for it. Pls check and advise as soon as possible. Thanks in advance.
Greetings Patrick
GoPro

Re: Received an faulty camera GoPro9 Special Bundle!

[ New ]

Apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused you, @patrickj58503. Just to verify, did you fill out the Contact Us form to submit a callback request or chat with one of the Support representatives? Or did you select Request Order Return on the page?

Upon checking on your case number and RMA, a 30-Day Return Request for your order MP-04643357 has been submitted. This means that there's no replacement associated with it since you requested a return for your order. A refund will be processed once we receive the returned items.

I also don't see any callback request associated with the case and RMA number provided. To process a warranty claim for the camera, you'll have to submit a contact request or chat with our Support Team so they can assist you with the process and provide you with all the documents needed.

Tourist

[ New ]
Thanks for your quick response. After Investigation of this matter, i found out that it's normal that the camera get hot after 45min recording in the 5k recording Modus. And also the batterie has a max. Loading time about 2 hours. So there is no replacement needed, are these Points right?

Greetings Patrick
GoPro

[ New ]

@patrickj58503, when using 2.7K and higher resolutions, and/or frame rates above 60fps, it is normal for the camera to become warm, but not too hot, and use more power when using these modes. Lack of airflow around the camera and using the camera with the GoPro App can also increase camera temperature and power consumption, and decrease camera recording time.

The camera's maximum battery capacity will vary based on settings, environmental conditions, and other factors. You may check this article that lists down the estimated runtime (in minutes) of the GoPro cameras: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/GoPro-Camera-Battery-Life/ta-p/394294

In addition, make sure that a recommended SD card is used for your camera. Using SD cards that aren't recommended can cause issues like freezing as the card isn't fast enough to write the content, the camera getting hot or battery consumption is higher than normal as the camera stays in an active mode trying to sync to the card.