Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Hiker

Re: Uploads so slow to the cloud I have 50Mbit upload speed and can upload 150gig a day to Onedrive

[ New ]

Hi,

I subscribed to your cloud service hoping it would be a great service, but so far it is very dissapointing I have been trying to upload 40gig for 4 days now which is a joke...  considering I can upload 150gig + per day to Onedrive and other services.

Please advise what can be done about this?  or can I cancel the service and get a refund as it is not worth the money if this is the level of service provided.

Hiker

Re: Uploads so slow to the cloud I have 50Mbit upload speed and can upload 150gig a day to Onedrive

[ New ]

See example here, I uploaded the same file to Onedrive and to GpPro cloud at the same time and in less than 15 minutes it was finished uploading to Onedrive and to GoPro it is only at 5% now after 45minutes

2021-02-03 (7).png
Hiker

[ New ]

See example here, I uploaded the same file to Onedrive and to GpPro cloud at the same time and in less than 15 minutes it was finished uploading to Onedrive and to GoPro it is only at 5% now after 45minutes

2021-02-03 (6).png
Hiker

[ New ]
Tourist

[ New ]

GoPro subscribe service is **bleep** (S*it), especially upload speed!

0.3 MB/s on 1000Mbit internet

Screenshot 2021-02-03 185118.png
GoPro

[ New ]

@nicemesa03778 from looking at your upload logs, you seem to primarily be using the desktop app for upload. Unfortunately, that does not take advantage of our upload speed enhancements. Is it possible for you to connect your camera directly to the cloud? That will give you far better speeds and comparable to other services. You can test out what you should be getting by taking one of the files(that is not already in the cloud so its not marked as a duplicate) and uploading it from the web(https://plus.gopro.com/media-library/). Let me know if you still see problems. Tag or DM me.

Thanks

GoPro

[ New ]

@rroolliiss same comment as above. You are uploading through QDA as well. Can you switch to connecting the camera directly to the cloud ? Quik for Desktop has the slowest upload speeds in our ecosystem. Again, if you need help either tag or DM me if there's anything specific.

Thanks

Hiker

[ New ]

That is a pretty stupid system, so all the content I have from my GoPro backed up already to my PC if I want to upload it faster I would have to copy it all back to me gopro's microsd card taking hours and then upload it from there to the cloud. For a few hundred gig this process would take weeks of time. I think it is uselss service now, if I was aware how slow it was when uploading from the pc I never would have subscribed.

GoPro

[ New ]

@nicemesa03778 you can use the web uploader if you have it on your PC. That will give you better speeds than QDA. You don't have to copy it back to the SD card.

Hiker

[ New ]

I am uploading through the web browser and it is just as slow as when I use the quickpro desktop app.. 

Hiker

[ New ]

I am uploading through the web browser and it is just as slow as when I use the quickpro desktop app..

Hiker

[ New ]

I am uploading through the web browser and it is just as slow as when I use the quickpro desktop app.

GoPro

[ New ]

I'll need to debug this further. From your last upload of a 4 GB file, the speed seems to be around 2.5 Mbps. Can you go to "https://fast.com", wait for "Show more info", click on it and get your upload speed just to confirm what you are getting ?

Thanks

Hiker

[ New ]

Please see attached screen shot, my speed is much better than what is being allowed when using GoPro Cloud..?

2021-02-04 (3).png
GoPro

[ New ]

I'll need to escalate this with our provider. So, please hold on for a few days while I try and figure out what is going on.

Thanks

Hiker

[ New ]

Thank you, the only issue I have is with the speed really as it is painfully slow.

GoPro

[ New ]
Yes. Completely understand. I sent you a DM for more info. Can you please respond to that ? I have a case open with our provider.