Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Tourist

Purchased duplicate subscriptions yesterday in error. Now have 2 subs. GoPro unwilling to refund 1?

[ New ]
I purchased two subscriptions after hours yesterday within 30 mins of each other- one standalone and one as part of a camera bundle. I canceled the standalone one within those 30 minutes. After a 45 minute call today, GoPro Support concluded that no refund can be given for my duplicate purchase. I now have two $49.99 subscriptions that will be effective between July 2021 and July 2022. GoPro Support has indicated that I successfully canceled one, but that only means that one will not renew next year. I was invited to enjoy the unlimited data until 2022, which I’m now double paying for.
GoPro Support suggested that I could attempt to put a stop payment on the pre-auth charge with my credit card bank, which I have been very reluctant to do. Would much prefer to have GoPro Support resolve this directly.
To recap,
1) I do appreciate the benefits that a yearly subscription brings and I am more than willing to pay for one subscription per year.
2) I do not want to pay for two simultaneous subscriptions, and I would like to request that this case be escalated, as it does not seem reasonable for GoPro to keep both subscription fees.
GoPro

Re: Purchased duplicate subscriptions yesterday in error. Now have 2 subs. GoPro unwilling to refund

[ New ]

Hi! 

A direct message was sent to youPlease check.

Best,

Izzel

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Purchased duplicate subscriptions yesterday in error. Now have 2 subs. GoPro unwilling to refund

[ New ]

Hey, izzel. Do you know why I would be charged for the Gopro Hero 10 twice via paypal?