Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Tourist

Problems with subscription

[ New ]

Hi GoPro,

I've been experiencing quite a few problems with my account since buying the new hero 9 with subscription.

When I first purchased the hero 9 the subscription discount was removed in my cart & lost around 300$ of discounts with all of the extra goodies I had added.

I have since then purchased many more products such as a Hero MAX. Still not being able to benefit from my subcription discount.

I have also tried to fix this with your team & get a refund for the extra money paid on the first hero 9 + subscription purchase but no help. (Case Number 08379991)

I'm an avid GoPro user & love your products. Is there any way we could fix my subscription problems so I can obtain my discounts? All of the other benefits of my subscription are working such as the cloud & automatic downloads. Don't know why the discounts don't apply. tried using Chrome, FireFox & Safari as well as on my iPad & iPhone.

Would love to be able to keep buying & using more of your products with all of the benefits included in your package.

Looking forward to hearing from the team!

Shawn

GoPro

Re: Problems with subscription

[ New ]

@shawnsck, sorry to hear about the trouble. From what I can see, if you're using the email address that's associated with the case number you provided, the GoPro Subscription (purchased through iTunes) is showing canceled. The HERO9 Black camera order wasn't also purchased through the Subscribe to GoPro bundle/promotion.

We want to help out as best as we can however, we're limited to the processes that we can access here in Support Hub. When you get a chance, please reach out to GoPro customer support at gopro.com/help/ContactUs so we can assist you further.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi Aenriquez,

Thanks for the quick reply. This is what I'm trying to fix. I'm actually Subscribed with iTunes but it says that I'm still subscribed until Sept. 17th 2021. Here's a screen capture.

Also when purchasing the hero 9, I purchased the bundle with the added subscription as shown on the website. :) But when processing through checkout, the discount & subscription were removed from my cart... I also have a screen recording of this happening.

I don't mind losing the discounts from my previous orders. I would simply like for the subscription to work going forward. :) It works for all of my cloud storage but doesn't work when trying to purchase items. Or on my account online.

Looking forward to figuring out a solution. :)

Have a wonderful day,

Shawn

IMG_4706.PNG
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @shawnsck. Considering that you have subscribed through iTunes, see if you might have chosen  “Hide my Email” when you subscribed. Try the following steps: 
1. From the iOS Device, go to Settings App > Tap your Name Apple ID
2. Select Password & Security
3. Under Sign in with Apple ID, choose “Apps Using Apple ID”
4. Choose GoPro
5. You will see under “Hide my Email,” This App Received shows a privaterelay.appleid.com domain. This will become the email address for your GoPro subscription.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi Mariustanya,

Thanks for the quick reply.

So I should go into my account & change my email to the psudo email Apple sent to gopro? Instead of my standard email. Correct? :)

Tourist

[ New ]

I tried with the appleid email. Still isn't working it says the subscription is associated with another account. 

Is it possible to simply override the system & add a subscription to my account?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @shawnsck

It will be best to reach out to Support to have this checked further.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @shawnsck

It will be best to reach out to Support to have this checked further.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej