Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Sightseer

Perspective/Direction Lock GOPRO Max 360 mode

[ New ]

Not sure if anyone else is struggling with this, but I contacted GOPRO Support about it and they are trying to figure it out:

When I first used 360 mode with my MAX it worked perfectly, but then a couple days later, it wouldn't save to my phone the way I shot the video. When I would move the camera left or right or when I would switch the view to the back lens, it would appear on my camera correctly but as soon as I viewed it with my phone, it would appear that I had perfectly held the gopro in one direction the whole time as i turned left and right... which would honestly be quite impressive except I want the video to show it how I videoed it. Not sure if its a cool glitch that can't be fixed or if there is some setting that I can't find to turn it off. Anyone have any idea?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Perspective/Direction Lock GOPRO Max 360 mode

[ New ]

Do you have horizon leveling and MAX Hypersmooth on? With these features on, the MAX makes the field of view smooth and focused on the central area you're shooting. Abe on our team did a demo of these features (see below). If you turn these features off, you may be able to get the shots you're trying to get.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Perspective/Direction Lock GOPRO Max 360 mode

[ New ]

Do you have horizon leveling and MAX Hypersmooth on? With these features on, the MAX makes the field of view smooth and focused on the central area you're shooting. Abe on our team did a demo of these features (see below). If you turn these features off, you may be able to get the shots you're trying to get.