Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Tourist

Performance Issues of GoPro Cloud

[ New ]

Is it just me or is the GoPro Cloud - Specifically the Media Library and Editor not fit for purpose? It's so slow and unstable it's like being back in the 90's Internet.

Anyone else find it so poor?

Thx

Leonaisse

GoPro

Re: Performance Issues of GoPro Cloud

[ New ]

Hi @leonaisse

Are you accessing the files via gopro.com?

What browser are you using?

Do you observe the same when going on incognito mode?

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hey Thanks

Im using Chrome on Windows. Incognito doesnt seem to make it any better?

Leonaisse

Hiker

[ New ]

I'm having the same problem.  Lots of buffering, making it unusable when trying to view an hour-long video (recorded as 1080p 25fps on Hero8, and automatically uploaded from camera).

Buffering is bad when logged in, and as a guest viewer using a shared link.  If you need to jump to different points in the video it only works if you change to 480 resolution rather than auto or 1080.  I'm on BT fibre with at least 30Mbps download rate (18Mbps upload).  It's been like this for months, so it isn't just an overloaded broadband connection (I've even had the router replaced).  It is also affecting the people who I send the sharing links to, and is happening with all my videos.

The editor in the viewer also seems useless - I can't trim less than 56 seconds off the end of a recording, and although I can add highlight marks I can't remove them.  (So I can't change the position if I marked the highlight a bit late in the camera.)  Also highlight marks aren't visible to my viewers when I share a recording.

Tourist

[ New ]

@aragon1006 any other ideas. This isnt worth the subscription. I'm downloading all my video ready to not renew.

Thanks

Leon

Hiker

[ New ]

@leonaisse @aragon1006 

It may be safer to copy the files straight from your camera card if you still have them.  The automatic upload doesn't seem to have much error-correcting, and I've often seen picture breakups that are in the file on cloud storage but aren't on the original camera file that I transferred direct to my laptop.