Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Tourist

Payment options on your site are completely broken

[ New ]
For the past three weeks I have been contacting customer support because the ordering page is completely broken. Doesn't matter what payment option you use (PayPal, Visa, etc) nothing goes through. You either get this message:
Your order could not be submitted. please try a different payment method.

Or the page navigates back to the home page and wipe out anything in your cart without actually processing the order. Why doesn't GoPro fix this? I have no clue. It's crazy because anyone that has there plus membership can't actually order anything to take advantage of the discounts. All customer service does is repeat their script with the try this and try that talking points, but they never escalate this to get it fix. If they do, nobody cares on there team that they are losing customers and money. Take a look at the community forum, it is littered with people complaining about the same thing for months.
Tourist

Re: Payment options on your site are completely broken

[ New ]

Screenshot_20200901-161806_Chrome.jpg
Hiker

[ New ]

Welcome to the club, gopro shop is the worse... you can see there is multiple post about that

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @dfaherty1990

We have shared this with the team in charge.

Which country are you shipping the order to?

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
The United States
Tourist

[ New ]
Let's hope something actually comes from this. People are starting to lose patience and now there is a new option on the market, the Osmo action camera.
GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the information you shared, @dfaherty1990. Our team is already looking into the matter. We will keep you posted through this thread. 

Tourist

[ New ]
You're welcome.
I managed to figure out a temporary solution to anyone facing this problem. Note this only works with PayPal. Here are the steps that resulted in the order processing:
1. Once you are logged in, fill up your cart.
2. Go to check out.
3. When filling out your shipping and billing information, make sure you are on the Guest Checkout tab.
4. Most important part: Change your first and last name (maybe someone else in your household) to a name that does not match your account.
5. Choose the payment option for PayPal and complete the order.

At this point, the page will actually navigate to the PayPal site for you to complete your order and then navigate back to the GoPro page for the order confirmation.

Its obvious that GoPro must have fired their Quality Assurance Analyst because these issues would have been found otherwise.
GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for sharing, @dfaherty1990. Good to know that you were able to complete your order. We have shared this with the team as well. 

Hiker

[ New ]
Didn’t work for me, it’s so broken... I even did a another account to check, and nothing. Also if you want to pay for plus is the same it won’t accept any form of payment, at the moment GoPro shop is dead, either you go amazon or eBay and pay a lot more.
Tourist

[ New ]
There must have been something else I did to get it to work without knowing. Spent about three weeks trying to get a payment to go through. Just recently, when I did get the payment to go through with PayPal, I spent hours trying different variations as my last attempt before giving up completely.
Hiker

[ New ]
I will keep trying... thanks for sharing
Highlighted
Tourist

[ New ]

Good for you!

However, that doesn't work for me as well.

No matter I choose card or Paypal, all I see is "Your order could not be submitted. Please try a different payment method."

I thought online shopping is already quite an established market!!

I mean GoPro has already managed to make such a good camera with all kinds of cool technology!

But online shopping? Come on please make this right asap!!! 

1599528507725.jpg
Hiker

[ New ]
@aragon1006 this don’t work, please sending users here telling them this is a solution is wrong doing.

Gopro won’t acknowledge this, otherwise support would know about it and advise or even make up for it.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello Everyone!

For those getting the payment options error, it appears as though our Order Support Team has run into an issue with your order/s and it was declined. You'll be able to resubmit your order online through gopro.com, however before you do so, please ensure that your billing information is accurate with your bank or you may want to try using a different card. 

If you continue to get the same, you may order from authorized sellers or local retailers instead.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Es hoy 09.22 y el error sigue en la pagina. Ya probe todas las variantes (cambiar tarjetas, usar Paypal, crear cuenta nueva, usar otros navegadores, celular, modo incognito, TODO LO QUE DICE EL MANUAL y nada...) Hace como 5 dias atras compre sin problemas y desde anoche y olvida... no sirve.

Que van hacer para corregir eso? estan perdido cantidades grande de plata por una cosa tan basica como tener una plataforma estable para pago. Esto lo estoy haciendo desde Miami para alli mismo y nada. 

Señores GoPro, revisen!!! Pierden clientes por eso y no podemos paorvechar el descuento y nos indican que compremos con distribuidores que no tienen el descuento... por favor°!!!!

Sightseer

[ New ]

L'erreur n'est toujours pas corrigée après plusieurs semaines...

Je n'ai toujours aucune solution pour ma commande malgré de multiples tentatives...et je n'ai pour le moment reçu aucune aide de l'équipe.

Quelle dommage que la promotion ne soit pas faite sur d'autres sites, ça permettrait d'acheter via d'autres sites marchands :(

Nomad

[ New ]

When do you guys fix this bug?

I really wonder if your CEO knows about this issue.

You are losing money if you don't fix this problem.

Hiker

[ New ]

Same issue.  I guess it's our fault for trying to give these guys money.  My GOD I can't wait until there's a better camera so I can't stop wasting my time with GoPro.  Problem after problem after problem for 3 straight years.  And customer support is gone.  Layoffs.

Untitled.pngor

GoPro

[ New ]

@swiftwater82380, please contact our Support Team so we can assist you further in resolving this. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

Sightseer

[ New ]

I have been trying to submit my order all day, and your way worked perfectly, Thanks

Sightseer

[ New ]

As of today 25/11/2020 online payment issue is still not resolved ???

Paypal or CC still not working.

Hiker

[ New ]
For few days I'm trying to order Hero 9 bundle and some accessories but it's always the same problem, it's unable to make a payment.