Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Hiker

Ordered 1-year subscription, but already have subscription via iTunes

[ New ]

Hi, I ordered HERO 9 with 1-year subscription, but I already have monthly subscription via iTunes. What now?
Just disable my subscription in iTunes?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Ordered 1-year subscription, but already have subscription via iTunes

[ New ]

@swiftcliff3180, the yearly GoPro subscription that's associated with the camera order is a selected promo on the website. The discounted amount with the subscription bundle can't be modified. Please also check out the terms and conditions of the Subscribe to GoPro Bundle for more information.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @swiftcliff3180. The GoPro subscription is tied to the email address used. If you're already an existing subscriber, simply sign in to your subscription before checking out and the discount will show up.

Tourist

[ New ]

Didnt show any discount to me when I went to check out. Still have 6 months subscription left via gopro and I don't know if risk it or no. 

The question is, do you get money back from the months subscription left or adds 12months to the existing one?

Hiker

[ New ]

I was sign in to me subscription before I was start shopping. Now I see what's happened..

This is what my shopping cart looked like. I thought I change my monthly subscription to yearly like that..
Screenshot_1.png

This is what i received in email after ordering. 
Probably it was detect, that I already have monthly subscription, after i went to checkout. Item for 1-year was removed and I gat higher price for HERO 8. I have not noticed that, becuase final price was same.
Screenshot_1.png

Can I change and get lower price when I already ordered?
I really would like to change my monthly subscription to yearly. Reason why I have monthly is that i could not find way how get yearly.
Via gopro plus site all my credit/debit cards was faild and on iTuses was just mounthly subscription.

GoPro

[ New ]

@carlsorff, no, it won't extend your current GoPro subscription. If you're signed in, the GoPro subscription will be removed from the order list upon checkout.

GoPro

[ New ]

@swiftcliff3180, the yearly GoPro subscription that's associated with the camera order is a selected promo on the website. The discounted amount with the subscription bundle can't be modified. Please also check out the terms and conditions of the Subscribe to GoPro Bundle for more information.

Hiker

[ New ]

I see 🤦‍♂️
I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Tourist

[ New ]

I had the same question and it appears GoPro is confirming that basically it sucks for current GoPro Plus subscribers. Current puls subscribers get Hero 9 + SD Card for $350. Non subscribers get Hero 9 + SD Card + 1-Year of Plus subscription for $350. How does that make any sense for current subscribers? Consider I pay $49.99 annually for plus in this scenarion I am paying more.

1 Step forward 5 backwards, no thanks GoPro!

Tourist

[ New ]
Yep, it sucks....but better to set up a new account if you don't have many months left...or even if you have. Anyway it's for free. It's what I did
Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks for the tip, have unti May-2021 remaining.

Would that require downloaing and reuploading all my content? That would suck

Sightseer

[ New ]

Exactly. This is pathetic. I want to get the deal of the Camera with the PLUS for 12 months for $350 USD! Instead since i'm already subscribed it's 350 WITHOUT subscription! That's messed up. 

GoPro

[ New ]

@davids750, the Subscribe to GoPro Bundle discount applies to a new purchase of an annual subscription to GoPro combined with a purchase of a full-priced. For further reference, please see the terms and conditions of the Subscribe to GoPro Bundle promo.

Current GoPro subscribers get a discount on our top cameras; MAX, HERO9 Black, and HERO8 Black. More details here GoPro Subscription Discounts.