Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Tourist

Only some videos not showing up in GoPro Plus Cloud

[ New ]

Hello,

I am a new GoPro plus subscriber and just recently bought my first GoPro.

So far, I am enjoying my new camera, but I am confused by what seems to be an issue with the cloud service I subscribed to.

Three days ago I recorded two 3-minute videos and uploaded them to the cloud using the camera. These two videos do not show up in the cloud-footage section of the GoPro website or GoPro mobile app.

Since then, I have taken several more pictures and videos. Most of these DO show up in the cloud, but an additional video or two in between do not. So clearly my camera is successfully connected to the cloud service and uploading media.

Why would some of my videos be missing? At first I considered maybe there was a long processing time necessary before the video becomes visible to me; after the video is uploaded to the cloud. But since it has been 3 days since I uploaded the two 3-minute videos, I'm surprised if they would still be processing. I would like to view, share, and download them from the Cloud without having to wait weeks for videos to process! 

Again:

1. I Captured some media.
  2. Uploaded media to cloud successfully. It is available to me in the cloud.
  3. Captured some more media.
  4. Uploaded to cloud "successfully" (according to the camera). It is NOT available to me in the cloud.
  5. Captured some more media.
  6. Uploaded to cloud successfully. SOME is available to me in the cloud.

What happened to the media from steps 3/4? Is it STILL processing? Or is there potentially an issue?

- Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Only some videos not showing up in GoPro Plus Cloud

[ New ]

@epicdive02412 I see that all the files you have in the cloud are from the iOS app. If that is your primary means of upload, then turn of auto-lock, open the app and leave it plugged in to a wall charger and in the foreground. On mobile devices, the app is limited by the operating system in terms of uploads and if the app is in the background then the OS decides what can be done by the app. If you have larger files that are unedited and you want to upload them to the cloud, I would suggest setting up the camera to directly upload.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

@swiftspiri1015 you can go to "https://plus.gopro.com/media-library/upload-status" to take a look at the files being uploaded or processed. From looking at your library, it seems like all of your files but two are not processed. Are there specific filenames that you see missing ? Do remember that the default grouping is by the date of capture of the media. If you want help finding a specific one, please post here and tag me.

Thanks

Tourist

[ New ]

Hello @epicboost16310 ,

Thank you for helping!!
Sorry I did not notice that you replied to my post until now.

At the moment all of my media except for two video files is appearing on the cloud.
I checked the upload-status link you shared and it is currently empty.

The two video files I am missing are currently stored on my GoPro. The files are named:

GH010038.MP4
GH010039.MP4

Details for the second one are:

GH010039.MP4
Type: Video
Captured on: Aug 13, 2020. 3:54:54 PM
Size 1.36GB
Resolution 2.7k
Duration: 03:00

The other video's details are extremely similar since I captured it just moments before will all the same settings, and it is a 3:02 duration video.

_

Again:

• All but 2 media files have been successfully uploaded to the cloud.
  • Those 2 media files are still stored on my GoPro which has been successfully uploading new videos
GoPro

[ New ]

@swiftspiri1015 I don't see those in the cloud at all. Can you try uploading those through the web uploader ?

https://plus.gopro.com/media-library

Let me know if you have any issues.

Thanks

Sightseer

[ New ]
I am having the same issue only some of my videos have downloaded. All of the videos under 2 minutes work but anything over doesn’t. It also seems to also download when I trim the video.
Sightseer

[ New ]
I recently got a hero 9 and a subscription but I am bummed that I can’t download my videos to the cloud.
GoPro

[ New ]

@epicdive02412 I see that all the files you have in the cloud are from the iOS app. If that is your primary means of upload, then turn of auto-lock, open the app and leave it plugged in to a wall charger and in the foreground. On mobile devices, the app is limited by the operating system in terms of uploads and if the app is in the background then the OS decides what can be done by the app. If you have larger files that are unedited and you want to upload them to the cloud, I would suggest setting up the camera to directly upload.