Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Tourist

No discount provided on Hero 9 Black bundle purchase

[ New ]

I misunderstood the promotion when purchasing the Hero 9 bundle that was supposed to contain a free 1-year subscription to GoPro. As I understand it now, the subscription only applies to new subscribers. I subscribed ahead of time, though. But I also read on another recent ort that I should have received a $100 credit on my order. And I did not. I paid the full $399 like everyione else can. How should I go about getting my credit back or cancelling my subscription? I believe I at least should have receiced a $50 discount at minimum as this was the cost of my subscription. Or, my subscription should be extended for another year. In any case, I should qualify for SOMETHING. Otherwise, it is false advertising on GoPro's part. Please advise.

GoPro

Re: No discount provided on Hero 9 Black bundle purchase

[ New ]

Hello, @zerodfex. We used the email address associated with your Hub profile and we were able to pull up the order. We see that a $100 discount has been applied to your purchase of the bundle - priced at $499, you were charged $399.

Tourist

[ New ]
How is that a discount applied?? ANYONE ordering this bundle today can get it for $399 with 1 year subscription to GoPro included. I purchase it, and GoPro marks it up to $499, then add a $100 discount, and then calls that a deal?? Worst case scenario, I should have only paid $350.00 Mac for my bundle. That is the issue I am reporting. Clearly false advertising!! I was also promised discounts in future purchases through GoPro website since I was already a paid subscriber! Again, false advertising!! Please tell me how it is not.
GoPro

[ New ]

The bundle promotion applies only to new subscribers. Since your purchase was associated with an active subscription, a discount according to GoPro Subscription Discounts was applies to it. when you purchase accessories, make sure to log in to your account first so the corresponding discount will be applied. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Again, you are not understanding my point. In ANY case described, I was ripped off as an active subscrption holder! If any person off the street can get the bundle for the SAME price as me, but the NEW subscriber gets the free 1-year subscription added to their bundle and I do not, then the ad is FALSE ADVERTISING! It clearly states it includes 1-year subscription. At minimum, I should get 12 months added on to my current subscription to make the bundle equivalent. As a matter of fact, I just signe duo for a new subscription less than 2 days earlier! There was NOWHERE on the ad that stated current subscribers would not get the free 1-year.subscription as advertised.

Here is all it said in the fine print:

-  GoPro subscription available in select territories. Cancel anytime. See terms + conditions for more details.

It is a moot point to argue with you about it if you cannot understand my frustration and dissappointment. I expected to receive the extra year subscription as advertised. Otherwise, I did not receive a "discount" on my purchase. Here is the ad one more time:

Bundle Up and
Save $150
Get the new HERO9 Bundle
with 1-year subscription to GoPro1
for $399.98

When I place the order, and GoPro changes the price in my cart to $499 and then takes $100 off for a "discount", that is false advertising! Period.

Tourist

[ New ]

Am I to assume there will be no more responses to this post? I am just curious if GoPro acknolwedges the issue they have brought upon themselves by not disclosing clearly how the bundle price is misleading to a person with a current subscription.

Since there was nothing clearly stated in the ad, I would still expect a refund of my subscription (that was purchased literally just 2 days before I pulled the trigget on the GoPro 9 bundle), or I would expect to see my subscription increased by 12 months, since that IS what was advertised. Please let me know how this will be handled.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Yes why charge subscribers more ,will just return my order for refund and have cancelled GoPro subscription so GoPro have a lose lose 

Tourist

[ New ]

Am I to assume there will be no more responses to this post? I am just curious if GoPro acknolwedges the issue they have brought upon themselves by not disclosing clearly how the bundle price is misleading to a person with a current subscription.

Since there was nothing clearly stated in the ad, I would still expect a refund of my subscription (that was purchased literally just 2 days before I pulled the trigget on the GoPro 9 bundle), or I would expect to see my subscription increased by 12 months, since that IS what was advertised. Please let me know how this will be handled.