Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Sightseer

New Account + new Camera

[ New ]

Hi There,

I am new here. I just bought a Gopro hero 8 black that will be delivered tomorrow here in Belgium. I was hesitating to buy the hero 7 instead of the 8 simply because I could change the lens if broken on the hero 7. When I read about the Gopro PLUS I immediately changed my mind and subscribed to it simply because I can change my entire camera if the lens gets broken. Please correct me if I am wrong here!!

well.. After subscribing for the Gopro plus I have a question:

Do I need to do anything else like , registering the serial number of the camera, or send the invoice?

I simply don't want to have any surprise in case I accidentally crack the lens (or something else) and you guys tell me .. ohh you should have done this or that...

thanks a lot

Michael

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: New Account + new Camera

[ New ]

Hello, @manthonijsz. These are great questions. As long as you have an active subscription, you only need to provide the serial number of the camera that you are claiming a replacement for. There will be instances when proof of purchase (or order number if purchased from GoPro) will be requested to see if the issue could fall under warranty replacement (a case where you do not pay anything at all to replace the camera). 

Learn more about the damaged camera replacement program through this article

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: New Account + new Camera

[ New ]

Hello, @manthonijsz. These are great questions. As long as you have an active subscription, you only need to provide the serial number of the camera that you are claiming a replacement for. There will be instances when proof of purchase (or order number if purchased from GoPro) will be requested to see if the issue could fall under warranty replacement (a case where you do not pay anything at all to replace the camera). 

Learn more about the damaged camera replacement program through this article