Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Sightseer

My serial number is not recognized when I go to register my camera

[ New ]
My serial number is not recognized when I go to register my camera

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: My serial number is not recognized when I go to register my camera

[ New ]

Hello, @alexalexander. Which camera model do you have? There is a guide to verifying your camera serial number here

If you have put in the correct serial number and it is still not recognized, you might be on the wrong page for registering the camera. 

There is actually no need to register the camera. It would be better to add it under Devices on your GoPro account instead. To do this, log in to your GoPro Account through gopro.com , the go to Settings, then Devices and add your device details. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: My serial number is not recognized when I go to register my camera

[ New ]

Hello, @alexalexander. Which camera model do you have? There is a guide to verifying your camera serial number here

If you have put in the correct serial number and it is still not recognized, you might be on the wrong page for registering the camera. 

There is actually no need to register the camera. It would be better to add it under Devices on your GoPro account instead. To do this, log in to your GoPro Account through gopro.com , the go to Settings, then Devices and add your device details.