Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Tourist

My computer does not recognize the gopro hero 9 when I plug it into my one of the computer USB ports

[ New ]

My computer does not recognize the GoPro 9 when I plug it into the computer USB port.  There is no recognition by the computer that a device has been connected.  Hence, I am not able to download files directly from the camera.  The only way I can download files is to remove the Sandisk and place it into an external card reader adapter.  What am I doing wrong?

Walter

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: My computer does not recognize the gopro hero 9 when I plug it into my one of the computer US...

[ New ]

Hi @willydeeb

Can you please check if the camera is set to MTP?

Check out Camera is not Recognized when Plugged into a Computer USB Port 

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

Re: My computer does not recognize the gopro hero 9 when I plug it into my one of the computer US...

[ New ]

EJ - thanks for the suggestion.  It looks like I have an intermittent usb connector on the camera.  Sometimes it connects and at other times it does not.  I have requested a replacement

WD

Tourist

Re: My computer does not recognize the gopro hero 9 when I plug it into my one of the computer USB p

[ New ]

I finally got to the root cause of two requests for help.  This note is sent to GoPro in case this problem shows up in the future.  In one request I mentioned that my camera would not reliably connect to my computer; my second request was that my Media Mod would not connect to my camera.  After many minutes on the phone with you on both of these problems I trouble shot the issue myself.  The root cause to both problems was a bad usb connector on the camera itself.  I returned the camera thru Amazon and got a replacement.  Both of my problems were solved.  I have used the camera in two different Media Mods and multiple cables to my computer and all is well.  These two trouble reports should act as an educational to GoPro on possible camera usb port problems.

GoPro

Re: My computer does not recognize the gopro hero 9 when I plug it into my one of the computer USB p

[ New ]

Hi @willydeeb

Thanks for posting back.

We'll have this shared with the team.

Regards,

Ej