Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Sightseer

Months without uploads -- since December 2019

[ New ]

Hi there,

I've had months without uploads to the cloud and the max even says it's complete but it is not. help? 

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Months without uploads -- since December 2019

[ New ]

Apologies for the inconvenience, @exr90. Have you been able to check your media by logging into gopro.com? I notice that on my end, media shows up with the clock icon in the GoPro app but these media are already in the PLUS cloud when checked via gopro.com. This specific issue though has been reported to the team already. 

With the way that the GoPro App copies and imports files now, it should not take hours long to copy media from the App to the phone. However, it is indeed odd for the media to take so long (weeks as you observed) to upload.

If you haven't done it yet, toggle the Mobile Upload option in the app to OFF, then back ON. This will help trigger the upload. To access this, go to Settings in the app, then My Account, then look under GoPro PLUS.

Make sure as well that you have ample storage space on your phone's internal memory.  Please note that your device needs at least 120 percent of the total file size of your upload available in storage. For example, if a video contains 1GB of data, your device needs 1.2GB of available storage to start uploading.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @zippyboost24526. Do you mean you have been uploading media to your PLUS cloud since December 2019 and not see any media from that date onwards on the cloud? How do you upload your media? Which method do you use to do it? 

Also, see if the media may have been dated differently that may cause them to be located under a different timeline in PLUS. You can also check the recently uploaded tab for new media. Let us know what you find out. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]
I've got same problem. It's been weeks since any new media inside the app local to my phone has uploaded to the cloud storage. It says uploading but it's not anymore. Restarting has made no difference.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @exr90. Please check for us if there is any icon stamped on the media you have under App within the GoPro App. Also, see if you have any of your media uploaded to the cloud by logging in to gopro.com using your PLUS account. Let us know what you find out. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

Media has not uploaded to the cloud. Icon is picture of cloud with clock, indicating pending. It's been weeks since it last uploaded.

I connected the phone to a PC to try to copy the media off directly, however the media does not show up in any folders. I believe others have reported that instead of using media files, all media is stored in a database (stupid design!) so we can't directly copy media off. Instead we are supposed to "save to phone" each media first, which is twice the work, and twice the time. It can take HOURS to do a single video, and there are many needing to be done.

The overall experience with managing media in the Max and specifically the Plus service is terrible.

GoPro

[ New ]

Apologies for the inconvenience, @exr90. Have you been able to check your media by logging into gopro.com? I notice that on my end, media shows up with the clock icon in the GoPro app but these media are already in the PLUS cloud when checked via gopro.com. This specific issue though has been reported to the team already. 

With the way that the GoPro App copies and imports files now, it should not take hours long to copy media from the App to the phone. However, it is indeed odd for the media to take so long (weeks as you observed) to upload.

If you haven't done it yet, toggle the Mobile Upload option in the app to OFF, then back ON. This will help trigger the upload. To access this, go to Settings in the app, then My Account, then look under GoPro PLUS.

Make sure as well that you have ample storage space on your phone's internal memory.  Please note that your device needs at least 120 percent of the total file size of your upload available in storage. For example, if a video contains 1GB of data, your device needs 1.2GB of available storage to start uploading.