Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Highlighted
Sightseer

Media you're uploading already exists in media library

I've seen some posts about this and have tried some solutions to no prevail. I have some chaptered files that won't transfer to my cloud, as well as some smaller files - all with the error code "the media you're uploading already exists in your media library". my largerest files I am trying to transfer are about 3 GB. I've tried transfering from my phone, from a PC, from a MAC. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Media you're uploading already exists in media library

Hello, @acarta. Do you still have the media (those not uploading) on the SD card, or saved on your computer? 

Check through your media library through plus.gopro.com to see if the media may have already been uploaded. See if they may have been incorrectly dated that they could be under a different timeline. You may also use the filter "Recently Uploaded" for an easier search. 

If the media are not there yet, check on the upload status through the Manage Uploads tab. For details on what needs to be done next, see Manage upload page in PLUS cloud . Let us know what you find out. Thanks!

Highlighted
Sightseer

I know the media is not there. I have attempted to upload many times and receive the same message

Highlighted
GoPro

Were you able to check if the media are listed under the "Manage Uploads" tab?

Highlighted
Hiker

Imho there is an issue with the GoPro Cloud Plus thumbnails indexation. Moreover, there is no easy way to browse/filter the files on GoPro Cloud plus, the only possibility being a few very limited filter options and the ability to scroll down. Hard to manage when you have quite a large video library.

I have a similar issue, observed while trying to upload from different methods (IOS apps and directly):
the files are definitely *not* listed on GoPro Cloud Plus while the IOS app pretends they are.
And I have a similar problem with one file that I had uploaded directly using the web interface of GoPro cloud plus:
same issue. It fails (after completion of the upload) with a message suggesting that the file already exists.