Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Media showing in the cloud via web but not in apps??

Hey - I am having this problem too. If I sign in to the GoPro website / Quik from a desktop I can see all my media in the cloud. BUT I can NOT see any media in the GoPro cloud on the APP with my Plus account. It's just show's a completely blank page saying "No Media Yet". I have seen about 20 items have gone to my cloud via looking on Quik, but absolutely none come through on the app. It's pointless to have Gopro Plus if I have to use a desktop to look at footage, I might as well manually plug the GoPro in then! I want the footage to be loaded to the cloud and visible ON THE APP!

I am using an iphone 11 pro. Yes it is up to date, yes the app is up to date. Everyhting up to date. Logged in, Logged out, deleted app reinstalled app. I've tried everything. So far NO media shows on the cloud part of the app.

Highlighted
GoPro

@quickbluff76566, sorry to hear about the trouble with the PLUS cloud. We're looking into further details on our end regarding this issue.

By any chance, does uploading from the GoPro App (Mobile Upload) to PLUS works? Are the media files uploaded through the GoPro App shows up on your PLUS media library when accessed through the website (web browser) and Quik for Desktop on your computer?

See How to Add Media to GoPro PLUS for reference.

Highlighted
Hiker

I have auto upload on, which uploads them to the cloud and works to load them to the cloud via website. But not onto the app part of media cloud. To answer the rest, like I said - the media shows on website, not the app. Somehow it is uploaded through the auto upload but doesn’t give me the option in the app to do ANYTHING in terms of upload of cloud.
Attached is photo of what I have for the media part of cloud tab. When clearly I have 30 videos in my cloud !!!! It’s SO annoying.
image.jpg
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @quickbluff76566. Please check this setting on the app on your device. Go To Settings, then My Account, then check the status of Mobile Upload. The app automatically uploads media that you have imported to it when the Mobile Upload is enabled (in Blue). There is more information about it here that you may refer to. 

You may test with a sample media. A recording about 10 seconds long will do. First sign out of your account, then sign back in. See if the sample media will be marked with an icon as described in the linked article. Then, see if the media gets uploaded to the PLUS cloud. Check through plus.gopro.com if the media is there if it does not show up right away under the CLOUD tab in the app.

Let us know what you find out. Thanks!

Highlighted
Hiker

The mobile upload toggle is ON. it always has been on. 

What you're not understanding is the fact that IT LOADS TO THE CLOUD, it just NEVER shows in the app!!!!! The media never shows in the cloud on the app!!!!! It always says "no media, to upload media...." 

I can sign in to the Go Pro Plus desktop website and yes my media is in the cloud. it just is NOT showing any media on the app. 

So troubleshooting the last point, done that... no difference. Still NOT showing in the app. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for the quick response and for doing the sample test, @quickbluff76566. Our team is aware of the issue but is still investigating on it so we try to get as many details as we can. We will forward the details to the PLUS team for a closer look. We will post an update once we hear back from them. Thanks for your feedback.

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]
I came here with this same problem, but currently have it working. Notes from my experience might help.

I have a Max and an Android phone (OnePlus 7). I have auto-upload enabled on both the Max and my phone. All seemed to be working fine when downloading media to the app on my phone and letting it auto-upload (with some unrelated frustration over it kind of just sending whenever it felt like it).

If I plug the Max in to a power source while in range of my home WiFi, then it starts uploading things from its SD card. Again, there are some unrelated frustrations with that, but the relevant info here is that this upload from the Max seems to have triggered the issue. Any media uploaded to the GoPro Plus cloud after that would no longer be visible from the phone, but I could see it from a web browser. This was true even for media uploaded from the phone! The phone would auto-upload raw media as well as edited footage made on the phone, and that media was visible from a web browser, but not the phone app. I could still see media that was visible from the phone prior to the triggering event.

Just now, I logged out from GoPro Plus in the phone app, quit the app, started it up again and logged back in. The media is visible from the phone app now.

I'm just going to turn off auto-upload on the Max and only let my phone upload. Auto-upload from the camera is junk anyway and it seems to be triggering this bug, so it's only a liability for me.
Highlighted
Hiker

hey, what phone is the Max? I've never heard of this. 

I have an iphone 11 pro. 

I have tried the auto-upload on and off thing, and signing in & out, and nothig seems to work. Unless I am misunderstanding your explanation? Sorry, bit confused. 

I don;t have enough space on my phone to download the media to the phone, hence why I want it to load to the cloud and be in the cloud media tab on the app.