Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Issues with logging in and detection of GoPro Plus Subscription

Hello,
I know this post is long but please bear with me because I want to clearly state all the facts and get this resolved ASAP. Also as a side note, all image attachments are below as I could only upload 1 image as an attachment.

I bought my GoPro Hero 8 black in Feb 2020. Shortly afterward I purchased the GoPro plus service through the GoPro app (so the payments for me are being made through the Google playstore).

I don't remember clearly but initially, I had issues connecting my app to the GoPro cloud for a few days after I got my subscription. When I clicked on the Setup auto-upload feature it would prompt me to purchase the GoPro plus service and then a few seconds later it would say this account already has a plus subscription and it would continue this loop for a while. 

I did not worry too much about this back then as I did not use the camera a lot to warrant the cloud upload feature. And in some posts in the forum, I read that after a few days it would resolve itself. So I did not pay much heed to the issues. After that, I did not use the app much either as I was directly transferring footage to my computer. But throughout all this, I was being billed for the GoPro plus subscription (NOT COMPLAINING) through the google play store.

Today since I had some time on my hand I wanted to set up the cloud service on the app. The account was logged out initially(session timed out) so I tried to log back in. Apparently I did not remember my password so I reset it and logged back in. Upon login the app showed me ads to purchase the GoPro plus service, I did not think too much of it and proceeded to setup the cloud service. It again prompted me to sign up for the GoPro plus service. But when I clicked on start free trial it immediately said this account already has a plus subscription. This loop went on for a while. Then I decided to uninstall and reinstall the app. After reinstalling it I tried the same thing, this time it would open the playstore payment overlay but playstore would throw an error saying my account already has subscribed to the service. I thought this was some login issue and tried to sign in with google and facebook(all same email ID). All give me the same results. I reverified my payment status and the play store says it was renewed recently and the bank statement confirms the same.

Coming to the next issue I had with contacting support, I logged in to the gopro community/website through chrome using the same email address. I proceeded to the help/contact us page and filled out the form. On clicking chat, a pop up window opened up. I stayed on this window for half an hour and it remained empty(screenshot attached). Then I proceeded to close the window and click on chat again same black window. Then I thought maybe there was a chat issue and I clicked on the call me button it would say invalid captcha although there was no captcha on the screen(screenshot attached). In all this there were multiple times I had to login within the span of 2-3 hours both on my mobile and PC. Please help me resolve the issue.

List of things I have already tried to fix the issue

• Contact Support (This is one of the issues I have already explained above)
  • Reinstall App
  • Clear cache
  • Restart browser/PC/Phone

Already Purchased.jpgempty chat screeen.pnginvalidcaptcha.pngWithin Business Hours.png                                                                             subscribed.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Issues with logging in and detection of GoPro Plus Subscription

I solved the issue with the subscription. Basically I unsubscribed to GoPro plus through the playstore and resubscribed back to it through the GoPro app (which would enable my already active google playstore subscription to GoPro plus). Because Google play will not cancel the subscription till the next payment cycle I was not charged for subscribing to the service and I got the PLUS subscription linked to my GoPro Account again.  win-win.

But I still feel this is a major problem that needs to be dealt with by GoPro, the app has a lot of issues with the session getting timed out which I suspect is the root cause of this (also my old GoPro account got dissociated from my email account IDK how).

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

https://www.imgur.com/a/u48BhbO

imgut Album link for the embedded images for clarity

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @spryvista27836

Sorry, if you are having trouble getting through our Support Team.

If not selected yet, please choose US-English as the region.

You may also try using another browser or going on incognito mode.

Please note that we do not see a subscription registered to the email address associated with your Support Hub ID.

If there is another email used, please respond to the private message we have sent you.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

I solved the issue with the subscription. Basically I unsubscribed to GoPro plus through the playstore and resubscribed back to it through the GoPro app (which would enable my already active google playstore subscription to GoPro plus). Because Google play will not cancel the subscription till the next payment cycle I was not charged for subscribing to the service and I got the PLUS subscription linked to my GoPro Account again.  win-win.

But I still feel this is a major problem that needs to be dealt with by GoPro, the app has a lot of issues with the session getting timed out which I suspect is the root cause of this (also my old GoPro account got dissociated from my email account IDK how).