Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Hiker

Issues with MAX screen

[ New ]

Yo, I'm having serious issues with my Max screen.

The screen has lines across it permanently, the screen functions cannot be selected by touch, it changes function by itself.. it is Fuc***.. This is less than a year old..

I've applied the update manually but it hasn't fixed it. Fuming, a +£500 camera, now just a brick

max20200823_084344.jpg

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Issues with MAX screen

[ New ]

Hello, @darrensvisuals. We were able to pull up your case and we see that you reached Support via chat yesterday. The conversation was completed and Support is exploring options on a solution. The case is in progress. Should you need further details, it would be best to continue working with the team handling your case. 

We appreciate your feedback regarding your experience with Support and we will pass it along. Would you have the case number for the interaction that you described in your post above? We would like to reference it in the report.

There were multiple callback attempts but Support was not able to reach you. Out of a number of recent contact cases, we see that it was only yesterday that you got connected. Thanks! 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @darrensvisuals

Sorry for any trouble caused.

What was the last activity done with the camera?

What SD card are you using?

When you did the manual update, did you get a confirmation on the status screen that the update was successful?

Please try running the update again. https://gopro.com/en/us/update/max

If it's still the same, please reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

Last activity was general use, nothing heavy, camera not dropped and hit against a surface.

Sandisk pro extreme 64gb

No, becuse the screen is completely blanked off now, with a small amount of lines. You could see it was updating from the red light on the screen, and the multiple restarts to the camera. The screen is unusable.

I've tried using the contact us, for several hours, being told there are no agents. i'm a Plus user, it really isn't good service..

Hiker

[ New ]

Beyond frustating, the customer service 'chat' is not working at any point of the day. Whenver it loads it freezes. I requested a call back which was confirmed and no one has called. It's a bit of a piss take really.

Faulty camera, paying for Plus - with absolutely no perks... What is the point

Hiker

[ New ]
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @darrensvisuals. We see your contact request in the queue. Our team is currently working through a high volume of contacts so our response time may be slightly longer than usual. Rest assured, we'll follow up with you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience. 

Hiker

[ New ]

@mariustanya I've been in a queue for 3 days, attempting to get on the online chat for the past 4.

It's shocking service.. I'm a Plus member and a being provided with zero additional support. Where's the option to get a replacement?? Where the option to get a fix?? There isn't one. Not good gopro

GoPro

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about that, @darrensvisuals. Support contacted you today but they were not able to reach you. Based on the notes, one of the calls went through but was disconnected. Your request is back in the queue. 

We do not have an exact time for when they will contact you back since it will depend on agent availability. Please keep your lines open and make sure that there are no settings on your phone that would prevent it from receiving calls especially from unknown or toll-free numbers. Thanks!