Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Subscribe to GoPro
Tourist

Issues with Auto Upload - Stopped and won't continue

[ New ]

I just got back from vacation where a took a lot of videos.  When I got home and plugged it in, the auto-upload started, uploaded 3 videos, and stopped and won't start again.  There are dozens of new videos on the camera.  I've gone through the Auto-Upload WiFi connection successfully a few times, but still no joy.  Any ideas?

GoPro

Re: Issues with Auto Upload - Stopped and won't continue

[ New ]

Hello @hapageek. Just to check, were you getting any error messages in the camera during the Auto Upload process? Did you upload regular videos, or are the media captured using other modes (TimeLapse, TimeWarp, 360)? How large are the files? Are these chaptered files

Tourist

[ New ]

No error messages.  Regular videos.  The videos are of varying lengths with ~30 minutes being the longest.  They to be chaptered.

Tourist

[ New ]

*video files on the SD appear to be chaptered

GoPro

[ New ]

@hapageek, the upload time is dependent on multiple factors, namely your network speed and the file size of your content. Make sure that your device has a stable Wi-Fi connection. For the fastest upload speeds, use the 5GHz WiFi band option located in the Connection Settings. (5GHz-compatible home networking equipment required).

You may also access the Manage page on your GoPro Media Library using a web browser on your computer, and then check if you have the files on the list. From there, you can either retry uploading the media or delete it from the list so you can try re-uploading.

Also, see if uploading through other methods will help.

Tourist

[ New ]
Files won’t fit on my phone. Doesn’t work when GoPro is right next to the router. It did the same thing again with a different sd card in the GoPro, that is uploaded the first video but none of the rest. It used to work fine.
Tourist

[ New ]
I'm having this issue as well. Auto upload used to start once my GP was plugged in and charged but now it's taking forever to initiate upload. Because of chaptering, I'm pretty sure I lost the final part to my video because I forgot it splits it up and deleted the original file. Only two of three parts of the video went to the cloud.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @hapageek

Let our Support Team check on this further. You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Hi @mimiso100

Were you able to check if the files are still on upload status?

See Manage Upload Page in Media Library

Thanks!
Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

I pulled the SD card out and did a factory reset. Turned it off, put the card back in. Turned it on, then configured Auto-Upload and it started uploading. I'm good now.

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for the update! @hapageek

Feel free to post back if anything comes up.